PDA

View Full Version : H3 Bay Door Cracks

travelite
04-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Folks, On another forum there's a discussion about H3 bay door cracks. I haven't seen these cracks on my Vantare. Wondering what other owners have seen on their buses? Pics would be great.

travelite
04-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Today I had a chance to inspect my basement doors for cracks. Of ten doors, one had a crack. It's obvious that the cracking is caused by people closing the door by grabbing the upper trim panel and pulling down rather than inserting their hands into the purpose built handle when closing the doors. Because the lower trim piece, including the purpose built handle, is an exterior aesthetic panel this is purely a cosmetic issue. Beneath this exterior facade panel is the portion of the door that does all the structural and sealing work, so no big deal. Remember, USE THE HANDLES! LOL :)

DickB
04-20-2015, 06:20 PM
I also believe it's caused by using that part of the door to close it. I have one door with this crack and it's the services door, which is one of the most used doors on my bus. After I saw it I changed the way I closed the door. I mentioned this on the "other" web site and this cause was dismissed.