PDA

View Full Version : Handy tools to own

Grizz
04-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Here are two inexpensive took kits available from Amazon that I carry.

GTC CT6100 Fuse Socket Connector Kit (Amazon name)

These fit into fuse sockets so you can connect a tester without fear of shorting something else.

SUPON 4Pcs Portable Auto Car Radio Door Clip Panel Trim Dash (Amazon name)

These are great for moving or removing anything you don't want to damage, yet need to pry. I use them to reposition the side trim strips around the slides on my H. The strips move over time and will get caught on and damaged by the slide if not checked once-in-a-while.

Gil_J
04-04-2015, 09:10 PM
You can never have enough tools.

Thanks for sharing,

JIM KELLER
04-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Thanks Grizz, I love tools !

travelite
04-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Harbor Freight also sells a decent set of those body panel tools. Speaking of tools, when I was down at DMRV one of the guys had the tiniest right angle drill I've ever seen. It was actually a right angle drive/chuck for a standard drill, but the right angle was about as big as an acorn. If anyone has a source for something similar I'm all ears. :)

Joe Camper
11-11-2016, 08:04 PM

GREAT TOOL

Here is something everyone should have. This is a half inch impact cordless. It gets wheel nuts to way tighter than they need to be if u stay on them. I checked a few lug nuts with my x12 and a torque wrench and they were at 850ft lbs. A correctly tightened lug but is 600 ft lbs. With very little practice I'm getting the lugs right at where they need to be using the x12 and torque wrench just to verify tightness.

I have a very reliable ingersal rand 1\2 in air I got at sears that has served me well however it only gets 500ft lbs and requires a compressor and hose. Looks like it will be on limited duty from here on out.

dale farley
11-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Joe, You are saying that battery power wrench will tighten your bus lug nuts to 850? If so, I really impressed. Will it remove them also?

Joe Camper
11-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Good question Dale. Unfortunately most tires r installed so overnight this wrench will not loosen an over tight lug nut.

However if they were installed correctly previously yes this recargable cordless impact gets them both on and off.

Never never never let a tire punk put a rim on without a torque stick because they will without a doubt tighten it too much without one.

dale farley
11-12-2016, 10:59 AM
That was the reason for my original question, I've had some that were too tight before. I usually put mine on with an air wrench and tighten them with the 12X.