PDA

View Full Version : Your Forum Contributions Can Help Many

Gil_J
03-26-2015, 10:50 AM
There was recent post where it was mentioned that a member has read posts for some time and was reluctant to contribute to the discussions. How unfortunate given his wealth of experience and expertise. The good news is he now contributes.

If you have some level of expertise or relevant past experience on a topic being discussed you should contribute. Your input could ultimately help many more members than just the one that originally asked the question.

I’ve only been a member of POG for 3 years, so I can’t speak to the discussions in the POG forums of times past. It seems that in years past that discussions may have been a bit different than they are today. With any forum, it’s up to the reader to determine the expertise and insights of the posts they read. In time and with the input of others most will determine whom they can trust. A more prevalent problem with some forums is the one-upmanship that some can’t seem to get past. With the POG forums it looks like EGOs are left at the door (where they belong); which helps promote open and friendly discussions.

On the flipside, many forum contributors are too humble. We have mechanical and electrical engineers that contribute. We have conversion integration experts with years of expertise that contribute. We have past Prevost service experts that contribute. We have experts that represent many, if not, all orphaned converters that contribute. Most of these contributors post without opening their resumes’. If you don’t know who these folks are, you likely will.

Grizz
03-26-2015, 11:04 AM
Very well stated! Thanks for posting that.

dale farley
03-26-2015, 01:07 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. Good post Gil.

JIM KELLER
03-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Very good Post Gil. We can all learn from each other. This site is for the Members. When Members contribute, Members benefit. No one should ever hesitate to post because they fear being corrected.

garyde
03-29-2015, 10:25 PM
Well said Gil. I have been a member since I purchased my coach in 2006. I am still learning new things.

MWSHAWJR
04-01-2015, 02:57 AM
Gil, what a great post! I have been a POG member for only a few years and have received a lot of good advise. As most of us know that advise is really helpful when you are a new owner and as time goes on we ask and learn and then maybe can give something back. It would be great for old and new members who seek advise or don't need any would check in often. We are an especially privileged-blessed group who should be proactive in helping each other enjoy our bounty.

MWSHAWJR
04-01-2015, 03:09 AM
ADVICE! Oh yea, that is the correct spelling.

JIM KELLER
04-01-2015, 06:44 AM
We don't worry about spelling on this Site. It is the advise/advice that counts !

MWSHAWJR
04-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Thanks, Jim