PDA

View Full Version : Coach Height

Gil_J
02-26-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm sure most of us know the height of our coaches. I would also assume most don't have to woory about overpasses on US highways and interstates as they are generally 13'6" or greater. I was looking at an ad today for a MCI mototrcoach and without roof air, here's it's height.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/z/pr8AAOSw-jhUKtxd/$_4.JPG
Are any Prevost's taller than 13'6"? Maybe H-3s with roof airs....

Grizz
02-27-2015, 05:42 AM
So far I've been able to get under any bridge in the Interstate system. However, there is a section just south of I-80 on I-95 North, where my CB antenna scraped the entire width of the span. Pretty scary since you never know about the next bridge. It would be impossible to stop in time, and if you could where would you go anyway?

The Garden State Turnpike north end is also a scary place to be in a H3. Most of the low scariest underpasses are south of Highway 17 interchange, but there is one bridge north of 17 that requires you to stay in the center lane. (Headed north)

No roof air on my coach, but there are two satellite antennas and a short CB antenna that is a little higher than the rest.

If my memory is correct, anything over 13'6" requires a permit. Perhaps the 13'7" note on the MCI dash is assurance, or and inch of insurance!

garyde
03-01-2015, 02:58 PM
My ride height is 12'-7" with Satellite dome. I met owner of new 2015 Marathon X. He said the inside is 6 " taller than the XL. That might put him at 13'.

BenC
03-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Grizz is correct, the federal legal limit without permit is 13'6"
When we put roof a/c's on an H3-45 and Girard awnings on them, they measured out at ride height to 13'4"
The northeast is notorious for low bridges and the new GPS systems from both Garmin and Rand McNally that allow you to enter your vehicle height can really come in handy for helping owners avoid areas they can get into trouble.
It is truly amazing the converter of this MCI would have the audacity to put that on the dash, unless they are just truly ignorant of all the legal restrictions and requirements put forth for the product they are producing lol.