PDA

View Full Version : Need Entrance Door Rub Rail

dale farley
01-26-2015, 11:29 PM
One of our members has a Country Coach with a damaged rub rail. He needs some suggestions on where he can purchase a new one or have that one repaired. Its the rail by the entrance door about 30" long.

I am assuming any good metal shop could remove a dent and polish the stainless rub rail. I am pretty sure that Prevost has the new one, but I assume there are other sources also.

tradewinds
01-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Dale we can get these - if you can get a picture of the rub rail to confirm style we can source it.

Gil_J
01-27-2015, 06:39 AM
Dale,

Those SS rub rails didn't come from Prevost. IBP makes them and I'm sure that curved one is expensive. Unless it looks bad, he might just want to consider it patina. The other alternative is a junk yard.

JIM KELLER
01-27-2015, 06:56 AM
Dale, Tell that Member to stand next to the Rub Rail and have someone take a picture so we can see both of them. These dings are like Trophies and all Members want to see the award !

dale farley
01-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Jim,

I should have a picture of my same rail on my CC. I caught a white PVC fence with it the first day I got the bus home. Harry Hoppe was very good at removing those dents. He did a great job on the one at the rally in South Dakota.

Gil_J
01-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Dale, what are you talking about? Your signature dent is still there ;-(

dale farley
01-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Gil, I assumed you had painted over the dent so it wouldn't show.

dale farley
01-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Terry sent a picture of the rail to Tradewinds, so hopefully they will be able to take care of the problem. If they can't then I would hope Tradewinds or one of the POG members knows of a metal shop that can beat out the dent and sand/buff it out. Terry appreciates everyone's help.