PDA

View Full Version : leveling 1995 xlv marathon

Busnutt
12-29-2014, 09:57 PM
well new tires are on, lost one wheel cover(tag axle) on the way home . does any one have one? new Napa batteries! new axle seals! now for the leveling problem.. so when the coach is running it levels out fine (switch in drive) turn the coach off and about 5 minutes the right rear is all the way down . I turn the leveling adjustment to right and push up and she goes up... wait about 5 minutes back down .. I don't hear any air leaks soooo I am thinking the leveling valve is not holding air pressure and is bleeding back to the tank? your thoughts?

Mikee
12-30-2014, 07:21 AM
It is either a leak in the RR or the 5 way valve. Those 2 are the most likely suspects.

Mikee

Reagan Sirmons
12-31-2014, 08:44 AM
FYI:
Recently, I had a leak in the rear I could hear when I turned on the key and it went off when the key was turned off. This implied the leveling system was involved. At one point, the left side lagged down. In this case, we were able to determine that the supply line from the front had a very small leak above the 5 way valve back up towards the wall of the battery bin on the passenger side. It was very, very, very hard to reach so we used extended pliers to hold both ends of the line once we cut it. We then installed an in-line connection on a new line and were able to push it onto the remaining old line. We then installed the other end of the "new" line to the 5 way valve replacing the old line.....it has held well. Hope this helps. The only other choice we had under our circumstances was to run another line from the front to the back. That is a task you do not want to undertake if it possible to avoid. If you need a pneumatic "schematic" for the coach, it is probably available.
Pres