PDA

View Full Version : 1995 xlv marathon toe kick heaters

Busnutt
12-03-2014, 04:28 PM
ok another dumb question ... how do you turn on the toe kick heaters in the kitchen, bathroom the one in the bedroom works awesome .. is there a secret here? the breakers in the bedroom all are on. the Tstat seems to be working .. any thoughts here? sorry for all the questions but I was given NO instruction other than, here are the keys (2) good luck

Grizz
12-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Busnutt:

I may be just guessing here as it's been about 13 years since I owned my 96 Marathon, but here goes: You have to turn off the Cruise Air switches for the toe kick heater to take over the thermostats. Look for A/C push on/off buttons on or around the dash. Also, make sure the 110 volt heat switch is on at the power panel in the bedroom. Then look on each heater to be sure it doesn't have a manual control on it that is turned off.

That's what my memory tells me, but I could be confused with other systems as it's been a long time since owning a 'like' coach.

Pete
12-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Marathon probably used a different brand of toe kick heater than Vision, but my toe kicks have a small red reset button on the lower portion of the heater just inside the grille which needs to be reset on occasion. It is very small and very difficult to see. I thought since it was the same vintage, it could possibly be your solution.

Joe Camper
12-04-2014, 06:17 PM
On the a/c d/c distribution panel in the bedroom there r 2 switches side by side they should say electric heat and diesel heat. Push the electric heat button. If yours is like others ive seen those buttons r there because 2 of the 3 thermostats r duel purpose and depending on which of those 2 affore mentioned buttons r pushed that is the heat source it will control.. The 2 front thermostats control both the electric toe kicks or the heat exchangers for the webasto.

Try that.

U see there is only 2 zones for the webasto the thermostat in the bathroom that turns on the rear zone for the webasto when diesel button is pushed blows into the bath and bedroom both. That 3 rd thermostat in the bedroom is for the toe kick in the bedroom only and the electric heat and diesel heat buttons on the control panel r not applicable to it.

U also wont get any action from those same 2 front thermostats or get heat from the webasto unless the diesel button is pushed instead of the electric heat button.

Not sure but if u have 4 of those similar thermostats the one over the entrance door is also a singular purpose like the bedroom thermostat sept it is for the heat exchanger for the webasto in the dash down low only.

I think thats right if its a 40 only 3 like thermostats if its a 45 u have 4 poke around and verify. If u have 4 of those thermostats only the one in the kitchen and bathroom control both heat sources and need those other buttons in the bedroom to be corrisponding with what heat source u r wanting

Let us know how close that is.

Busnutt
12-04-2014, 07:47 PM
got it ! works great! thanks

Joe Camper
12-04-2014, 08:13 PM
I gotta get another bus bad A mid 90s Marathon would be a great fit too.