PDA

View Full Version : 1995 prevost country coach

Busnutt
12-01-2014, 08:20 PM
my dad just purchased or is about to purchase a 95 xl 40 country coach and the airbags will not air up. the bus will build up air pressure. the bus was towed to its current location and the tow company did something to it. anyone have any ideas? the tow company will not discuss it. they say they didn't do anything but according to the current owner it worked fine until it was towed...Thanks Dave

garyde
12-01-2014, 09:47 PM
If the bus has air, it can be anything from the ride height switch to ,solonoids, norgren valves and so on.
Check the solonoids to make sure there is power to them.

dreamchasers
12-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Hello Busnut,

I have a 1995 Country Coach, XLV, s60. What appears to be the issue with the coach?

PM me with your contact phone and we can chat on phone. Perhaps, I can help.

Hector

Joe Camper
12-02-2014, 09:40 AM
U said just purchased or is about to purchase. If no money has changed hands yet I would not be writing a check under the conditions u describe.

Without someone I knew I could trust is at the bus I would not even begin to guess what may or may not be going on.

But I will try. It would take a good mechanic on that end and may require a few lengthy calls.

Where r u ? U should call me bet I could help here . I know that 95

marathon u have inside out too .

708 243 7871

Why did it have to be towed in the first place.

Joe Camper
12-02-2014, 09:59 AM
The responce from the towing company is not good.

Would u know how far they towed it?

Did they or did they not air up the suspension when they did

Did they pull the axles. Important question for a buyer under these circumstances.

Joe Camper
12-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Since we r on the subject. If I were towing a bus that was running and building air pressure and I wanted to get more height in the rear id disconnect the linkage for the left and right rear height control valves. Id then raise its arm up till I got it where I wanted. Then bring the arm back to neutral position and insert a golf tee through the hole in that arm thats there so u can do just that. Hold the arm neutral.

Might look see if the ride height valve linkages r unhooked but I doubt it cause if thats what they did it would have been like second nature for a mechanic who knew in the first place to rehook them and complete the job.

Busnutt
12-03-2014, 04:08 PM
thanks all , my dad hasn't purchased it yet.. still trying to get it figured out over the phone,,, I passed along all your information to him and we shall see what he does... it was towed because it was a repo..

truxton
12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
As with the downturn in the housing market many people that lost there possessions handled there situation with extreme prejudice.
I would be very careful in such a purchase.

Later
bv