PDA

View Full Version : Update on New Millennium-Pictures

Sting
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Well I just got these from Prevost. It appears in about a week our new bus will be headed from Canada to Samford, FL and then its time for Millennium to do their magic.

garyde
01-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi Todd. Looks great. I bet you can not wait ! What is the build time (ETA) on the Conversion? Are we going to see you at POG IV? Gary

dalej
01-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Todd, maybe they will let you do the drive to Florida. Man I would be going crazy it that bus was mine.

truk4u
01-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Beautiful Sting, your the man....;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Quite nice Todd quite nice. Today your on top. You know 15 min. of fame. :D

Follow up with a journey of photos and commentary. We will be waiting!:) JIM

merle&louise
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Todd,

Beautiful bus! Is that a door on the driver's side? It looks like there are 2 doors in the top photo. Maybe I'm seeing things! Love the paint job!:cool:

Does it have any slides?

rmboies
01-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Todd,

What a beautiful coach! I am looking forward to seeing pictures every step of the way:D

Joe Cannarozzi
01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Fellow pulled into St. Augusine with a 2005 Milenium double slide today. I Had to look twice. Thought it was Mango at first.
Nice fellow, very friendly.

lewpopp
01-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Sting my man

Seeing your new paint and coach for the first time is the top of the heap, Even better than standing in the middle of the ring with your arms raised high in victory.

Nice going

Ben
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Tuga,

The second door you are referring to is an access panel to the steering box and electical system. On an XL it's actually two panels (split into a top and bottom section), while on the XLII it looks to be a single access panel.

Just Plain Jeff
01-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Nice coach!

There's something way too cool about having a coach done per your own specs. You have to promise to let the people in Sanford work by themselves from time to time!

Have fun and enjoy every moment: You have a great adventure ahead.

MangoMike
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Sting Man,

I've been so self absorbed in the new H3, I've been remiss in giving you the congratulatory high five. John Starr has outdone himself on your new ride. Very nice. I don't know how you stand the wait.

Thanks for the email on Prevost in Tx. I never saw your contact, but they were helpful and it was a great place to camp for the night.

Mike

Sting
02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Well its arrived in Sanford Florida! I am flying to Millennium in 10 days and the inside conversion will begin soon thereafter. Here are some pics, that Meg sent me from Millennium.

Sting
02-05-2007, 04:38 PM
here is another shot...

rmboies
02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Sting,

Your coach is AWESOME! :D I am very excited for you and anxious to see the interior design. How long will the conversion process take?

Ray Davis
02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Darn! I feel another case of BE (bus envy) setting in. I was finally getting over seeing Mango's bus. Jeesh!

Jim Skiff
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Factory fresh and all custom, it doesn't get any better than that. Sweet coach Todd.

Jim

bill&jody
02-05-2007, 07:38 PM
WOW! Beautiful paint job . . . i can only hope our new paint this spring will be anything half as nice!
Congrats,
jody

garyde
02-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't know how you can stand the wait! It's gotta be tough waiting for the completion date. Patience is a virtue Sting! Gary

Sting
02-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Some have asked how long the conversion process is going to take. Millennium is telling me I can figure about 5 to 6 months. There are alot of custom things we added that are not part of the norm. I like gadgets and TVs so there will be more TVs than the norm and the kids will have their own play area as the front bay will be all theirs. It will even be able to be accessed from the inside and the kids will have their own TV and all that good stuff. The bay will be trimmed out like a normal room. I look forward to finishing up all the interior decisions when I fly to Sanford in about 10 days. Will keep you posted and thanks to all for your kind comments.

rmboies
02-06-2007, 08:14 AM
the kids will have their own play area as the front bay will be all theirs. It will even be able to be accessed from the inside and the kids will have their own TV and all that good stuff.

Sting,

I think I mentioned this a couple of months ago that we have seen pics of a coach that a family in Hilton Head, SC owns. They also made the first bay into a playroom for the kids with access from inside the coach. Of course the kids were not down there when the coach was moving but the parents said it was just perfect when they were "camping." Great idea to add this for your kids--what a great Dad:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Sting,

I think I mentioned this a couple of months ago that we have seen pics of a coach that a family in Hilton Head, SC owns. They also made the first bay into a playroom for the kids with access from inside the coach. Of course the kids were not down there when the coach was moving but the parents said it was just perfect when they were "camping." Great idea to add this for your kids--what a great Dadhttp://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/

It will be especially good in those late teen years when you can use it when traveling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D JIM

Just Plain Jeff
02-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice looking shell! BTW: When they are doing the wiring of the shell, you don't want to be there. You'll get a bit nervous wondering how that passle of wires will ever work...but it will!

You are going to have way too much fun with all of this.

MangoMike
02-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Stingman,

Most of us want time to slow down, but in your case I'll bet you want a little time machine action so you can start motoring.

I love the idea about the kids bay. The New h3 doesn't have an entertainment center so I have two huge bays available. I wonder what creative uses I can develop for one of them?

Mike

Sting
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Mango, I know you know Meg at Millennium...give her a shout and I am sure she could give you ideas on how they do it. The real neat thing is that they can access it from inside thru a hidden trap door with a ladder attached. I have seen pics of what they are going to do and when I saw it, I said, "Oh Yeah! I must have that!" It has its own TV and a video phone so we can check on them or they can call my wife and place their order. Nice to be a kid today, huh?

MangoMike
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I was thinking more of an escape hatch for JDUB and I. Sort of a private Men's club - no girls allowed. (Remember I have 3 daughters and a female dog).

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Many years ago when Harvey Mitchell was selling new conversions at his Tampa facility we spent some time there and among the coaches for sale was one formerly owned by someone that travelled with large dogs. The first or second bay was used by the dogs, although it would be a great place for young kids. As I recall it had AC and heat and the bay doors on each side had a tiny porthole type window.

It is not hard to imagine a similar set up with plush carpeting, video games, maybe a TV or DVD player, etc. Access was via a hatch that I think was off to one side.

Sting
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes Jon, like ours it does have its own air ventilation system. So it is heated and cooled just like any other room. Mango, I forgot you could possibly have a hormone overload and a need a place where you can retreat too. Might want to find out where the Anaconda can be placed with JDUB in da house. From what I have read (I could be wrong) this would deserve your attention.:)

Jerry Winchester
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I hear Mike had a tough time when he and Manager Bill hit the home stretch....

Sting
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Thats what I am talking about JDUB...Mango has to take that into consideration if he is to have a Guy's Bay.

garyde
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Stingman,

Most of us want time to slow down, but in your case I'll bet you want a little time machine action so you can start motoring.

I love the idea about the kids bay. The New h3 doesn't have an entertainment center so I have two huge bays available. I wonder what creative uses I can develop for one of them?

Mike

How about a Racketball Court!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-08-2007, 11:01 AM
How about a Racketball Court!

Hey I really like that idea ! :)

Gary S

rmboies
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey Sting/Todd,

I wanted to let you know that Bob-00 was at Millennium yesterday and he saw your beautiful new coach waiting in line for her turn in the first bay:D He said the outside paint was awesome and he is looking forward to seeing the inside plan. Just thought I would let you know that fellow POGGERS are looking out for your new bus;)

Sting
02-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Debi...I am flying out this weekend and will get my first in person look. Has Bob got the fever?

rmboies
02-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Debi...I am flying out this weekend and will get my first in person look. Has Bob got the fever?

Sting,

Bob always has the fever! I think he just likes to see a bus sitting in his building :D He made the decision on Wednesday to take our coach to Millennium on consignment and I don't believe he has visions of ordering a new one. Well, maybe he does have visions but trust me, he will not act on them:D

Ask Mango, Bob is a quiet man but he is always full of surprises:eek:

Have a safe flight there and "enjoy the ride" building your new coach.

Sting
02-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Well just got back from Sanford Florida. I saw your coach Debi, and you and Bob should have no problem selling it. It looked brand new. I continue to be amazed everytime I go to Millennium. They need to update their site as most of the coaches are sold. The workforce is on the ball. No hollaring, shouting, just friendly attitudes that were not only friendly to me but to each other also. Truly refreshing to be around and see. As mentioned before, Nelson is a blast to talk too. His mind has some truly innovative things swirling around and cannot wait for him to implement them in our coach. I picked all the fabrics, tiles and wood, etc. and now the hardest part is waiting. Their operation may not be the biggest but they sell them all and even had a guy while I was there signing up for the next coach that is not presold. He had missed out on two previous Millenniums and said he was just going to put a deposit down now. One thing I really appreciated seeing was a 2003 Millennium that had been completely redone. Back in October when I went they were tearing out the inside of a 2003 unit that a customer had bought used. I had even seen the coach on RVONLINE.com. The customer wanted the whole inside tore out and completely redone. In October, it looked like a mess but this visit I got to see the finished product. WOW! Words cannot describe how beautiful this coach looked. Everything was brand new and this guy had great taste. I love looking at how other coaches are appointed on the interior and this coach not only impresed me but the impression was deeper due to the fact I saw it while it was being tore out. I always like to pick the mind of those in for service. I did it last time while I was there, and have yet to meet an unhappy owner. Long story short, my visit was great and I left knowing I made the right decision with Millennium. Nelson also had his POG shirt on and is big supporter of this group. I was greeted by him and the ladies with, "Sting is here!" He kills me with his "stinging" noises. :)

rmboies
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Sting,

I am glad you continue to have such a positive experience and thanks for the comments on our coach. I am hopeful they sell it quickly because we have lost out on two other coaches that were sold before we could make an offer:mad:

Bob wanted to know if you looked at the way they construct the interior ceiling? He found that process, along with many others, very interesting. Did you see the coach they were finishing for the show that started in Naples last Thursday? They had a long way to go but said they would have it all together by Wednesday and I have no doubt that they did!

One side note to Nelson, for those who don't know, he used to work for Featherlite. In fact, he was there during the building our coach and told Bob that there were a total of four coaches built the same time as ours. He rattled off the models, colors, styling, and owners names! What a memory. Knowing that he was in on the building of our Vantare will hopefully be beneficial in selling it.

Sting, I just have to ask, is there a reason you have this nickname or did you simply choose it? Inquiring minds want to know:rolleyes:

Sting
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I did see how the interior ceiling is designed and built. I had seen it before but also saw it on mine this past week. The coach that was to be finished Thursday to go to Naples was indeed finished. It was amazing to see everyone working toward a common goal with no bickering or getting in each others' way. I could not believe as a few hours went by, what was accomplished. Now as regards my name. I have avoided answering directly any questions regarding my name on the board or any other board for that matter, but I guess I need to give an answer because of the Private Messages I get. I can tell you I am not the singer. Is it a nickname? I guess you could say that as I certainly was not named that. Todd is also not my name. I have been called Todd since a child. Sting developed later and that name has benefited me in different ways. I guess if you saw me, I would prefer you probably call me Todd. My family does. In some settings however, a shout of Sting would probably pump me up. But Debi, whats in a name? There are some on this board that dont post much, and I know them and consider them somewhat famous, but we are all just human. Am I famous? No, I am just an everyday guy.

garyde
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Anyone who knows me from Highschool and college knows my nickname. No one else has heard it. When old friends get together they call me by my nickname. My kids and others do a double take. Its funny to see their reaction! My nickname is Cosmo.

rmboies
02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
But Debi, whats in a name? There are some on this board that dont post much, and I know them and consider them somewhat famous, but we are all just human. Am I famous? No, I am just an everyday guy.

A name is just a name, I agree. I really did not intend to pry, I was simply curious and no, I did not think you were "the singer":D At least I didn't ask you privately:rolleyes: It is fun, for me, to see how the tag names reflect the personalities. Mango, Fast Roger, Truk4U, and it makes sense to me as well because I have met them. I guess when I meet you I will know you are Sting!

There are several famous people we see/meet at horse shows and I concur, they are human just like the rest of us. I did not, however, realize we had famous people in POG:eek: I must get a new name for myself!!

Joe Cannarozzi
02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
I can see where this thread is going:eek:

How about "fingers":D

shookie
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM
yes indeed...no kidding here...ok...the truth is out in the open...you are speaking to the real shookie...(there goes my cover)....

MangoMike
02-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Stingmeister,

How about posting a few pixs from your last trip. I know you took a few and we would enjoy seeing the progress.

Garyde,

Cosmo huh...some of us will be having fun working with that in the future. ;)

Shookie,

Oh, your name's been around my joints for a while.

...Posted on the walls in the Ladies Room. Congrats.

Mr. Anderson

truk4u
02-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey Deb, you can call me Tom, Truk or anything else you want!;)

Gary - Now you've done it, the boys won't be able to let the Cosmo go....:D

Deb - How about this, "The Debinator".:p

rmboies
02-25-2007, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=truk4u;11062]Hey Deb, you can call me Tom, Truk or anything else you want!;)
Deb - How about this, ;The Debinator".]

Just don't call you late for dinner, at least that is what my grandmother used to say ;)

Debinator, has a nice ring to it and if you think it suits me then feel free to use it. It's better then Debinatrix:eek:

Oh, and to keep the thread police from arresting us, the folks at Millennium really do have innovative ideas and I believe are incorporating more of the tried and true yacht/Marine equipment into their coaches. For example, Bob was talking about the smaller batteries they are using that weigh less and supposedly are equally effecient.

Jerry Winchester
02-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Mike quit too soon.

The Debster
The Deb-a-rooti
The Debamundo
Deb-n-Debber
Deb-a-lou-bob
Deb-n-beans
De-babester

Need anymore to choose from?

lewpopp
02-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Sting man

Have you ever heard of Bob Bailey, a promoter, small time at that. I just thought you might have started that far down at the beginning of your career.

I'm not fishing, just bouncing off the ropes.

Lew