PDA

View Full Version : Cargo light fuse

jwhitacre
11-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Rookie mistake... I was changing the blown bulbs in the starboard side cargo lights (passenger side for us rookies) on my 98 Liberty 45XL. I did not check to make sure the power was off and shorted across the poles, thus blowing a fuse.

Now here's the question...

Does anyone know where I should start looking for the right fuse location?

Thanks!

Jackson Whitacre
Proud to be a part of the Prevost club.
1998 Liberty XL 45

Broken Arrow, OK

Grizz
11-19-2014, 07:37 AM
While on the cargo light subject, can anyone suggest how to make the bay lights in my H3 bright enough to be of use?

On the fuse location for the XL cargo lights: I believe it's located in the left front bay - the electrical bay in front of the front wheel.

Gil_J
11-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Jackson,

The Liberties I've seen has all, or at least most, of the converter fuses in bay 2 on the driver's side. There should be several fuses, so look around for a large fuse panel.

Grizz,

Just change them out with some brighter LED fixtures. My bay lights are probably 4" in diameter and have SS trim. I installed 2 1" square LED light panels in each of my cargo lights to preserve the look. The amount of light is substantially more. I used the same LED panels in my side lights and they, so far, have worked great. Generally, there is a LED light solution for most incandescent light problems and you can pick the light temperature (color) that you like best.