PDA

View Full Version : Short story time!

Grizz
11-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Here's another shorty story just for the fun of it!

Over the years I’ve seen all kinds of things done by people traveling by RV that common sense would cause someone to do otherwise.

Long before owning a Prevost, back when I had my first RV, a glass Ford-powered class-A named a LTD, I used to go camping with a friend and his family. He was a great guy that was a very talented baker who did outstanding artwork on his baked goods. However, as sharp as he was he never thought to screw both ends of his fresh water hose together when storing his RV. (Remember we were from south Florida.) One time when we were getting ready to leave the RV park he removed the hose from the coach only to find a huge cockroach stuck against the inlet screen. They had been using fresh water all weekend run through that roach body. I about threw up just seeing and thinking about it. There’s a lesson for ya’! Drain your fresh water hose and screw the two ends together when not in use.

dale farley
11-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Grizz, Hopefully, that's one that not many of us can say, "Been there and done that".

Gil_J
11-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Grizz, too funny. Here's one I've seen to0 often. A neighbor in the camp site drains his gray and black tanks. Then disconnects the sewer hose and fresh water hose from the RV. He then rinses the inside of the sewer hose with his fresh water hose. If that's not bad enough, this RV owner doesn't want a mess in his storage bay. Yep, you probably already guessed it. He takes the sewer hose and places it in a plastic storage box. Then he takes the fresh water hose and puts in the same plastic storage box. And no, he doesn't screw the ends of the hose together.

Here's another I would not have believed if I had not spoken to this owner for the last few days. A nice enough guy from Dallas is parked next to us at the Balloon Fiesta in a late model Monaco 42-footer. I spent some time helping him learn his coach after it was obvious he knew he needed the help. I know these coaches have a chronic problem with their LCI Hydraulic pump for the forward slides and generator slide. I asked him if his ever failed and if he knew how to close the slides manually. He proceeded to tell me the time they failed at the end of motorcycle event in Sturgis. If you've been to Bike Week, you know it would be impossible to get a service tech when everyone is trying to leave. He tells me that he had an appointment in Dallas he just could not miss. So, he drives from Sturgis to Dallas with both front slides fully extended. His rear view mirrors are blocked by the slides and his coach is somewhere around 13-14 feet wide. Lucky for him it was all interstate driving and no toll booths.

cthalfman
11-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Speaking of Sturgis, we recently met some folks that were heading South into the Black Hills on a two lane road with a 43' coach and a jeep in tow when it started to snow. The wife was driving and told the husband that she was turning back and was not going to risk the snow. She proceeded to perfect an approximate six point turn around with complete disregard for the jack knifing and buckling tow. Needless to say there was substantial damage to both vehicles. On their recent trip to the park we met them at they were being flagged down on the interstate by passing motorists. They were dragging their power cord behind them. Seems they never disconnected it from the previous nights stop. One wonders what the power pole looks like?

Grizz
11-17-2014, 11:35 AM
It's amazing some people remember to breath! LOL

Have you seen the guy who after connecting the sewer pipe, brings out one of those expanding support units, and puts the tall end at the city connection? Yup, its true! You can't make this stuff up.

Gil_J
11-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Check this out: Mud Bog RV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrtW164KZE)

jetart
11-17-2014, 04:02 PM
ha ha ha Gil, I wonder if he said "hold my beer and watch this?" before creating that impressive bow wake.

Dick in Wisconsin
11-18-2014, 07:29 PM
On their recent trip to the park we met them at they were being flagged down on the interstate by passing motorists. They were dragging their power cord behind them. Seems they never disconnected it from the previous nights stop.

What time was this? Late afternoon?