PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have information on this coach?

Double K
11-05-2014, 07:56 AM
2004 Marathon H3-45, single slide, offered by Florida Luxury Coach. George graciously provided me with some purchase history. Does anybody have any inside information? How about a review and some comments by my personal guru, Gil?
Thanks!!!

Gil_J
11-05-2014, 01:27 PM
That's a beautiful coach! Based on the pictures and limited description, I don't see any red flags. I would always question when was 'new", especially for tires and batteries.

I understand why generators are in the passenger side of single and double slides coaches. I wonder how loud they are when you're sitting under the awning watching your favorite team on the outdoor TV. This one is one slides, which is always a plus. As mounted, it might have been a necessity to check the oil.

I do like that Marathon didn't try to make Crestron their coach automation system. In there case Crestron is used for what it was intended, an AV controller. They use Tech-Link for the main coach systems.

Aesthetics are a big deal and only you can decide if they are right for you. I've never seen a bay closet; that could make someone happy :-) The stacked washer/dryer is the only way to go. 365s on, at least the steer axle, is great safety improvement. The outdoor TV must have recently been upgraded. Depending on where you look at the coach on-line, it shows the old TV in the bay on some and new TV on others. BTW, that was an interesting way to mount the outdoor TV to allow for a larger TV. I suppose you just have to be careful when you slide the shelf back in it you adjusted the TV for viewing when the slide was out.

Although not shown, I would expect to find Lifeline or better batteries on the house side. I see it has Trace 4000 inverter/chargers, which will be necessary if you run the cruise-airs when driving. You've likely already heard the pros and cons on the different air conditioning options.

It has the hot-rod option...too funny! That means it has Corvette tail lights.

The engine looks really clean. I don't know if that's because of its unstated mileage or how it was cared for or both.

Best of luck on your search,

Double K
11-05-2014, 02:19 PM
He has spoken....
Thanks Gil. I have to say, for somebody that I have never met, you sure have been helpful and patient. The same goes for George and Dick in Wisconsin. I owe you guys a beer, or whatever.
The coach has 4 roof airs. The bay TV has been upgraded, as shown in some of the pictures on-line. The wardrobe in the basement is removable, and I probably would remove it. The mileage is 130K.
I have tried unsuccessfully to buy a Liberty XLII over the last several months. I looked at this Marathon H three times, and I am trying to find a reason not to buy it (besides the reason that I cannot afford it, that it is a terrrible investment, etc.)

Gil_J
11-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Good news on roof airs. I thought Marathon was using roof airs. I thought SMX thermostats were only for cruise-airs and it looks like SMX thermostats in the one picture.

If she likes it, move forward and enjoy the ride.

Dick in Wisconsin
11-07-2014, 09:55 PM
The same goes for George and Dick in Wisconsin. I owe you guys a beer, or whatever.

Canadian Club on the rocks, drain the ice, two olives please. Thank you.

Double K
11-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Haha! It will be my pleasure, Dick!

TG Transport
11-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I have 4 roof top units and 3 SMX controlers on my 2003 Marathon XLii and I'm a fan of them. Go for it.