PDA

View Full Version : New but old!

Scott Ales
10-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone!

It feels a bit odd to refer to ourselves as newbies. Especially after all the mistakes and experiences we have behind us with Prevost coaches. Over the last 15 years my wife Debra, son Dawson, and myself have been fortunate to experience quite a few different coaches. From Late 80s 40 footers all the way to a one year old 2004 H345 Marathon back in 2005 . There's simply nothing like traveling in a Prevost. Starting out in a 1971 Kenworth conventional with a lowboy trailer at 14 years old provided a great platform to drive these amazing machines around. We buy a coach every year or two, play with it, sell it, and find another.

And for those that say, "Oh, you're a dealer." No offense to anyone here, I often say "I trade in and out of toys often but have the same wife for 30+ years, and I understand from others that is the cheaper way to go!"

Cheers,

Scott

Gil_J
10-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Scott,

Welcome to POG. It's always great to see another Country Coach owner join the group.

I should have waved yesterday. I must have been close to your house when I was crossing the state.

dale farley
10-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome Scott. Sounds like you have accumulated significant Prevost experience and stories. I look forward to your posts.

travelite
10-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Welcome Scott,

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences and about your magnificent Country Coach. I have to say, that '06 has a striking paint job! :)

Scott Ales
10-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Thank you! We haven't been able to enjoy her much since May but are planning a Thanksgiving trip to our NC mountain house. All new panels at Excalibur and paint with Walter's being finished right now. Same graphics with a full sand and buff to follow. A set of new Michelins and AGMs too! We've had many rivet XLs and H3-45s but this is our first XLII. Very much looking forward to the finished product. Have always appreciated the Country Coach paint schemes. We'll post some pictures later and will offer it at the show in January. This one will be a bit harder to let go of! We try to have discipline in selling (don't fall in love with the inventory) but I have to admit the last two coaches we owned for close to a year or more! Not a terrible sentence. 13395