PDA

View Full Version : Air Tabs

dale farley
10-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Has anyone ever used or seen Air Tabs used on trucks or RVs? I assume some of the aviation guys have been exposed to this technology. According to all the information on-line, the tabs provide significant improvement in stability and some improvement in fuel consumption. Now if they could just make them invisible!

http://www.airtab.com/gallery/rv.html

Gil_J
10-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I spoke to a Canadian that owns a trucking company and was running them on his Class A RV. Too ugly for the savings most would realize. You have to drive a lot of miles to make this worth considering. BTW, the gentlemen I spoke to also claimed it kept the back of the RV and his TOAD cleaner.

dale farley
10-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Gil,

Since you are an engineer, we all respect your opinion. I think you would be the best person to install, monitor and report the test results to us. If you paint each tab individually, they would be "almost" unnoticeable!

Mikee
10-22-2014, 11:42 AM
A simple answer is if they paid for themselves every class 8 truck on the road would have them.... Even on airplanes the results are negligible, if even measurable. They do decrease the Vse (minimun single engine speed) on multi engine planes slightly, but not so much as to make them worth the expense.

Mikee