PDA

View Full Version : Awning Help

Bill Dator
10-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I need to replace the front arm on my Zip Dee awning. The factory said if I send it back they will rebuild it for around $200. A new one cost over $1,000. How hard is it to take off the arm and then replace it after it is rebuilt?

Joe Camper
10-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Well I know its the rear arm that has all the tension and spring so that will not be a concern.

I think U have the air assist right. You will need to disconnect those lines. Shouldn't be too difficult. Id check the owners booklet might show them there. It looked like there were some slim tight push togeather air line couplers where they come out the side of the bus and go in the arm. Look there.

Couple of 7/16 or 3/8 nuts and bolts top and bottom.

JIM KELLER
10-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Bill, This job is not hard. There is a small bolt that can be a challenge to get out on the top. A couple words of caution. Failure is easy to mis diagnose. Most common problem is air leakage past the seals. Write down which hose color goes with each hose. Sometimes the colors don't match each other.

Bill Dator
10-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks Joe and Jim. I will give it a shot Sunday.

tradewinds
10-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Bill if you are still in town swing by the shop and we will take care of it for you.

-Kyle

Joe Camper
10-08-2014, 06:10 PM
The arm was going back in almost all the way but stopping hard and solid about 3 or 4 inches short.

Please let us know the conclusion.