PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Question

Aucutt
09-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I have a 95 Marathon 45' #337. I blew one of my electrical circuits, it is two of the three galley outlets, the rest of the outlets on the driver side forward of the galley, the outlet on the dinette seat, and the two outlets in the second bay. Most of these outlets are GFI, I cannot fine any blown GFI nor any blown circuit breakers. Any ideas.

Jim Aucutt

Coeur d'Alene, ID

Gil_J
09-28-2014, 10:41 PM
I don't know your coach but let throw these ideas out.
-- Do you have power on both 50A power legs? If you have 2 chargers, are they both on?
-- Do you have separate breaker panels for those outlets powered through the inverters? Have the been checked?
-- If all of these come from the same inverter, it could be the inverter bypass relay. Just off the AC power to the inverter and see if you have power at these outlets.
-- Even though the GFCI outlets aren't tripped, is there power at these outlets?

I hope this helps,

Joe Camper
09-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Is the bus new to U or have U owned it for a while? If haven't had it too long yet I might think U still haven't uncovered an outlet on that same circuit with a popped GFI button.

Could there be another outlet somewhere U do not know is in there? Maybe.

Aucutt
09-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks, yes I am sure that must be it, but I just don't know where this outlet could be. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Joe Camper
09-29-2014, 09:56 PM
How bout the outlet under the kitchen sink the insta hot is plugged in to. Check all the outlets in the bays too.

dale farley
09-29-2014, 10:16 PM
You may want to give Marathon a call. It shouldn't take them long to walk you through correcting the problem.

garyde
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Usually, one Gfi is protecting the other recepticles. If that Gfi does not test then you want to remove it and check for power. If there is power, the gfi needs replacing .
If there is no power, your inverter is off.
Check the inverter for reset button at the inverter.