PDA

View Full Version : 2007 US Open at Oakmont

Stelan73
01-19-2007, 09:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in parking at PGA golf events. We're going to the Open at Oakmont the week of June 11th. Any recommendations on where we might park? Thanks.

garyde
01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Stelan. Just Roll with the Tour Buses. Gary

lewpopp
01-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Steve, don't you have any old contacts you can call on and get some favors returned and park with the other "high monkey monks" right where the players park. How's it going?

Just Plain Jeff
01-20-2007, 05:42 AM
A couple of years ago we met Ron DiMienna, owner of Ron Jon Surf Shops. At that time they had been full-timing for 17 years, operating their business out of the coach. They had never stayed in an RV park the entire travel, according to them. He had two tips:

1. When you park somewhere, act like you are supposed to be there.

2. When long-distance traveling, get off the interstate and find a small town. Go to the local diner and ask the waitress where to park. Go there. If someone challenges you, tell them who told you to park there and you will be all set.

He said the secret is to keep in the awning and slides if it is going to be too obvious that you are mooching.

Jeff Bayley: You are the expert in this...comments?

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-23-2007, 10:20 AM
STELAN73; Steve, If you are still at Pelican Island. Please check out Silver Lakes next door and give us a comparison on your perseptions, likes , and dis likes. We were to Marco Is. over the holidays and checked out Silver Lakes. I thought it was very nice. I didn't know of Pelican Is. at the time. How's that new ride? You getting prety settled in? How long does it take to read all of the manuals or not? :) JIM