PDA

View Full Version : All Service Centers are created equal!

Larry Sturm
08-31-2014, 08:57 PM
After a bad experience with another Prevost service facility , Several members told me how great Coach Worx is. So, I decided to give them a try. I called them to get a price on installing a satellite dish, I received no call back. I called Coach Worx again to get a price on a new exghaust elbow and tip, no call back. I called Coach Worx one last time to get a price on a headlight upgrade, once again, no call back. This all was in the span of one month. Customer Service must be a thing of the past. Three calls to Coach Worx, I spoke to a human, three calls and nobody every called me back. Weather you own a Class C motorhome or a Million dollar coach, it does not matter. At least the folks I had issues with in the beginning called me back. In my opinion Coach Worx is not in better than any other service facility.

Bill Dator
08-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Try Tradewinds, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I don't have their number at this time will post tomorrow if you can't find

Larry Sturm
09-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks Bill, I'll give them a call.

Gil_J
09-01-2014, 07:56 AM
I don't get it either, but customer service seems to be a common problem. Here's Trade winds' number (386) 624-2833

tradewinds
09-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Please add all of our numbers to your contact list. You'll be sure to always get at least one of us.

Brian 386-624-2833
Scott 386-785-4562
Kyle 386-848-4466

--
Kyle Bennett
Tradewinds Coach & Marine
www.tradewindscoach.com

JIM KELLER
09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
After a bad experience with another Prevost service facility , Several members told me how great Coach Worx is. So, I decided to give them a try. I called them to get a price on installing a satellite dish, I received no call back. I called Coach Worx again to get a price on a new exghaust elbow and tip, no call back. I called Coach Worx one last time to get a price on a headlight upgrade, once again, no call back. This all was in the span of one month. Customer Service must be a thing of the past. Three calls to Coach Worx, I spoke to a human, three calls and nobody every called me back. Weather you own a Class C motorhome or a Million dollar coach, it does not matter. At least the folks I had issues with in the beginning called me back. In my opinion Coach Worx is not in better than any other service facility.

Larry, maybe they are afraid of you.

Larry Sturm
09-01-2014, 05:18 PM
That's funny Jim!

Joe Camper
09-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I have drug up and moved. This is gonna be a ramble pour a cup of coffee. Ill be 55 this year and accept for a few years at camp Pendleton ive been a Chicagoan my entire life.

Many of U know me some of U don't. I found POG like most AFTER getting the bus. It really was a risky ignorant thing I did when I bought it. It was a camper it was big and it was for sure the most I could afford. Aint life fun.

That was 06. Late in 06 I was involved in a tragic traffic accident involving a death and it changed my life. I was a trucker an owner operator and my own mechanic.

When that occurred I was urged by another POGer to try to begin to create income by helping POGers with repairs he knew I could do. Sent me a few good jobs. Member Pam and Lloyd full timers they were my first job set of airbags in my drive in Chicago. Before they got out of it I went on to do a great deal of work on it. Steve Bennet sold that bus he doesn't sell just any bus and it was a 91. I remember this too they came back to Miami where they left the bus from Europe.

All he knew was it was pushing over a gal of oil in 2 or 300 miles he knew it before he left. He bussed right on by everyplace else along the way and parked it in Chicago across the street where we proceeded to pull the lower blower housing gasket on his 8V............ in the rain. He swore hed never let anyone else touch the bus.

So fast forward 6yr or so to now. Take a minute and open this link and click on visitor messages.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/member.php?16663-Joe-Camper

There is another 2 dozen non POGers who tell me the same stuff.

So I go to Myrtle Beach last month for a new customer a POGER 07 XLIIDS Marathon. Makes me an offer I cant refuse. Never been here before. Ive already moved down.

Ive partnered up with a great couple of guys in Myrtle beach who have an established mobile rv service business who R interested in expanding there service facility to include high end diesel pushers and Prevost conversions.

Call me I will answer the phone. 708 243 7871

I came here as an enthusiast and I will always be that guy first and foremost. I had my own for 6 yr It helps with perspective in a huge way. I owe this club a great deal of credit for what I am currently involved in and I will always be grateful for that.

Im no longer traveling to all your beautiful homes but those memories will never diminish. From sitting and chatting with Senator Baker of Tenn in his golf cart to being paid to drive a a Marathon out to that crazy Burning man festival. Lived on board Vivian's Bus in Brick NJ for a week when she first got it to help her shake it down and then took her maiden voyage with here down to Melborn Fl. A life changing experience if there ever was one. I owe it all toPOG. Ive got volumes of great memories of that time on the road.

Now im in Myrtle Beach and I answer the phone. There is about70 or 80 golf courses up here that could be fun make it worth the trip.

BenC
09-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Mr. Sturm,

Sorry to hear you have not received a call-back in any way. This is news to me. We have had issues with a service writer which we had to replace recently. I hope this move on our part will resolve some call-back issues we admittedly have had this summer.

Remember, for anyone in need of assistance that has trouble getting through to us, here are our direct numbers:

Rick May (Prevost) 813-833-2284
Ben Cummings (Engineering/Prod) 813-830-8619
Ken Robertson (GM/Sales) 727-748-5986
Richard Simpson (Service Manager) 727-420-9871
Vince Cannizaro (Paint/Body) 727-433-4579

Hope this helps.

Larry Sturm
09-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Ben,
Thanks for the call back and your numbers.
Larry Sturm