PDA

View Full Version : Slide Topper

dale farley
08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
I now have an awning on my slide, but I want to install a slide topper to keep debris and water off the top of the slide. I also want to keep the sun off the seals. I ordered a Dometic Elite slide topper and am wondering if anyone has ever installed one of these themselves? I may have to remove the existing awning altogether, but I think the slide topper will be of more value than the awning. Any comments; good,bad or indifferent?

garyde
08-25-2014, 10:56 PM
my slide topper , by Zip DEE , covers the slide and also comes down and out for the windows. Its manual for both the living/galley slide and another for the bedroom slide.

dale farley
08-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I didn't know they made them that did both. I wish that was what I had.

garyde
08-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Hi Dale. You might want to call Zip Dee and get a quote.

gal2949
08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi Dale and Gary,
I have that Zip Dee setup on my Liberty too...it works fine...
Have you ever had your fabric serviced, Gary? The stitching thread on our's has deteriorated...the material is pretty good...I resewed as far into it as I could reach with a sail-maker's needle but I'd have preferred a more pro job...

dale farley
08-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Gary,

Unfortunately, I have the new Elite in my garage waiting on installation, so I am a little late on trying to do something else. Maybe next time, I'll ask before I order. Thanks for the info.

garyde
08-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Hi Grant. Thats a good point . I will take a look and see. You can send to Zip Dee and have them repair or order a new ne . They have all Liberty Awnings on file with color ,size , and so on. I had to order a new curb side awning a few years back and they had everything . Real easy to order.

gal2949
08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Hi Gary...did you do the job yourself?

garyde
08-28-2014, 10:40 PM
I had a Gulf Stream Shop in LA do the install. It takes 3 guys and a fork lift to install. Then you have to tighten the spring about 17 revollutions and be careful not to let go. Its not that hard if you know the steps.