PDA

View Full Version : OTR A/C Question

Bill Dator
08-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Had bus to Prevost yesterday, they added freon and checked belts etc. on OTR A/C but could not get compressor to turn on. They did a cursory look for circuit breaker but could not find. They suggested I take coach to converter for assistance. Since I have a CC that is not possible. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. I am planning a trip to Utah on the 15th and ending up in St. Louis for the POG Rally.

coreygrubb
08-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Bill, that AC compressor is very common and any automotive AC shop that you can get the bus into can work on it.

Gil_J
08-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Bill,

First the obvious, but often overlooked. Was either of the fan switches on for the forward or bedroom AC fans? At least one must be on for the OTR Air to engage?

Given they were looking for a breaker I will assume they checked the pressure switches. There are 2 near the compressor.

Let's start here and hope it was something simple. If not, I can probably steer you to how a 99 CC was set-up, which may or may not be the same as yours. Also, always keep in mind that you can start the generator and run your AC powered AC systems, if you have to.

Bill Dator
08-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks Gil will check tomorrow and see if that solves the problem.

Joe Camper
08-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Do U know if they were getting 12 volts to the clutch?

Do U know if they ran another power source to the clutch to see if the system had any Freon and would cool with a signal to the clutch??

JIM KELLER
08-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Bill, Good advice from Gil and Joe. I have been off line for a while due to computer problems. Call me if you need help.