PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade for Mango's new H3

kmuller
01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Mike - now that you have given up the stainless bling of the Liberty, you made need to get some serious stealth upgrades for the H3, make it a real sleeper, then challenge other coaches on the long uphill grades and at the drag strip. I'm trying to figuire out how I can stuff this 900 horsepower in the back of your coach. You may need to give up the bedroom. The wife may object to sleeping on the sofa, but that's a small price for glory! Check it out at -

http://www.zimmermancoach.com/?type=post&id=5 ("http://www.zimmermancoach.com/?type=post&id=5")

Jon Wehrenberg
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm fairly certain fitting it into the coach will be the least of the problems. Almost doubling the HP will create a need for getting rid of all that heat. Unlike a boat which probably does not have a radiator like ours but some water to coolant intercooler the whole back end of the bus is less likely to be motor and more likely to be radiator.

But wait....if Mango retains JDUB on a permanent basis the air movement part of the cooling problem may be resolved.

Jeff Bayley's vegetable oil fuel will save the cost of diesel to offset the cost of burritos, the bigger bays can be converted to heat exchangers....this is all coming together. I think it can be done. Karl, get that bad boy on order.

kmuller
01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Jon - I figuired the H3 has so much sail (that's polite for slab sided), it would be fairly easy to install dual radiators! I'm so sure Mike will like this upgrade, I've ordered one for him.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Karl,

Don't forget to order the engine with the power take off option. That way the blender for Mangoritas can be engine driven, and there will be no waiting at POG III for adult beverages.

Unless when stopped we can harness the JDUB turbine fuel but I was thinking of that for the generator.

New rules: never park downhill [B]or downwind[B] from Mango and JDUB

Jerry Winchester
01-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Jon,

That's way harsh. We have yet to eat a burrito, but that will be over in about 2 hours. I don't know what the poor folks are doing today, but we are in an oasis in the middle of both lanes of I-8 outside of Yuma.

And this is one sweet ride. Problem is we haven't figured out what all the buttons do. The Turbo Flatuance Extractor is working at full efficiency, but Mike is taking the inagural shower, so we'll see if the hot water is up to spec.

I like to horsepower upgrade idea especially after climbing out of San Diego last night at 250 ft/min. It was almost a Lewesk speed, but we were passing the trucks, so maybe it was better than we thought.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Harsh, yes.

But it is true.