PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service from PI

dale farley
08-11-2014, 08:10 AM
I have been using the Progressive Industries (PI) surge protectors for almost 10 years now and once again, they stood behind their product. The digital display on my unit ceased to display the numbers, so I called and talked to a rep at PI. No questions about how old it was or if I did something to cause the problem. "Just send it to us, and we'll repair it and return at our expense. This is the second time in the last 10 years they have done this. The first time was a result of a short on the post at an RV part. It literally destroyed (melted) the unit, but they replaced it with no hassle after I told them what happened. They replaced the logic board and returned it in a few days. I have the cheaper one in the bottom picture to use as a backup if something goes wrong with the more expensive one or if I forget to take the expensive one with me. It's always nice to know a company really "has your back".

Gil_J
08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
They are all about customer service and backing their products. I returned mine once with a quick repair and return.

I also spoke to them recently about an open ground alarm that I knew really wasn't due to an open ground. As I suspected, some of their sensing reads voltage to ground and neutral. If you live in the lightning capital of North America, like I do, you may occasionally get this alarm when lightning activity is near.

Progressive Industries gets an A+ rating from me.

tommybahama
08-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Ditto to the above.

I wonder why Camping World sells Surgeguard but not Progressive Industries. Both do the job but PI has the lifetime guarantee.

Gil_J
08-12-2014, 01:25 PM
David, the answer is no doubt which company has the lowest wholesale price and best payment terms. It's certainly not based on best available product. In fairness to SurgeGuard, their product seems to be okay but clearly their long term commitment is measured differently--buy a new one if your have a failure.