PDA

View Full Version : Retracting Bed

bigcitybob
07-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I have a Country Coach 2006 XLII. The bed stopped working yesterday. It has a duff norton motor underneath it. I have looked around for a fuse through out the coach and or a reset button on the unit itself. Has anyone dealt with this issue and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

JIM KELLER
07-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Hey Bob, You are only allowed one breakdown advise at a time ! Did you get your water heater issue resolved yet ? [ Just Kidding ]

bigcitybob
07-18-2014, 10:47 AM
This coach thing is a new experience. I've thought about throwing in the towel once or twice. There is so much to learn but I do feel I am getting a better handle on it. As for the hot water please go look at my last post, I gave an update. Still working on and I think I'm getting closer.

BB

dale farley
07-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Bob, I've learned that if you have several bus projects going at the same time, they will eventually all work out. I make a lot of notes so I can refer to them if the same things happens again. I just keep forgetting to read my notes!

Jscott
07-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Hey BigcityBob,

I also have a 2006 CC....I had the same problem in 2012, I also looked around for a reset, never found one. I had a couple of my techs look at it. It looked like a hospital bed motor to me. They checked it out and it was bad. We got a hold of the manufacturer and replaced it. It wasn't crazy expensive and it took only 15 minutes to replace. Just slide the drawer out and you can access it pretty easily. Once it was replaced no more pushing the button and holding your breath weather it was going to work or not.

Joe Camper
07-18-2014, 08:41 PM
If U put a meter on the wires at the switch that is where u should start. If U cant use a meter a test light placed correctly will at least get u going in the right direction. Put a test light or a meter on the switch to see if its getting power to it. If it is hit the switch and see if power is going thru it too.

If its not getting power U need to look elsewhere.

Good job with the webasto ya fixed that, don't throw in the towel. This bus is going to turn u into a pretty good tech if u keep it long enough. They R a very good brain exercise. Theres nothing like it.

garyde
07-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Hi BB. I always wonder what s going to break or stop working everytime I take our Bus out. Sure enough, over the years I have learned to expect something will need fixing or replacing . I can't list alll of the items I have repaired or replace over the years . My latest trip, the bushings on the front
end fell apart. A nice project for the weekend. I just roll with it now. The more I have learned , the easier it has been to find solutions.

JIM KELLER
07-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Joe said it. They are a good brain excercise. The feeling of accomplishment is pretty nice also.

bigcitybob
07-21-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm with you on making notes! Thanks again for the feed back from everyone. Very helpful, will order a new motor tomorrow. I will keep you posted on my progress!

bigcitybob
07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance have a model number and or be able to tell me where you got the part? I can't find a model number on the unit and I have contacted Duff Norton and they need the model number.

Thanks,

Jscott
07-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Hey Bob,
I'll check in the morning, I do have a flight planned to Washington,DC tomorrow. If I don't get to it I'll get one of my service techs to get it...Scott

cellphone 386-438-9293

Jscott
07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Hey Bob

It's a Duff-Norton Model TMD02-1906-12
stroke. 12 inch
voltage. 12 VDC
capacity. 250 lbs

I believe there based out of Charlotte, NC. Troy from liberty Coach ordered mine.

bigcitybob
07-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Awesome and greatly appreciated. I will check into it tomorrow. Hope you have a good trip to DC.

bigcitybob
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
J.Scott,

Thanks again for your help. I was able to find the motor and installed it myself on our last trip. It works great and like you mentioned before, I don't have to hold my breath anymore. One happy camper!

BCB