PDA

View Full Version : Drive Tires

Denny
07-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I have been trying to buy XZA2 tires for several months and my dealer say they are still on backorder and will be for 6 to 8 weeks. The dealer suggested going to XDN2 Grip tires. They are a more aggressive tire with better traction and wear but may be slightly more road noise. I am open to suggestions as to tires.

LarryB
07-03-2014, 01:14 PM
I have run into the same "STORY" about XZA2. Wonder what the price will be once there has been sufficient demand established.

I don't need any more road noise, traction or BS, I just need new XZA2s

rfoster
07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Just want to throw out a suggestion to you tire shoppers.- - Last year I ran into the same thing. I ultimately contacted the TCI tire store in Nashville (the Prevost capital of the South) and they had 80 in stock. I had my local TCI store contact them and I paid an additional 80 bucks for shipping from Nashville to Kingsport, Tn and I got 4 tires!!

I had enough of this national back order story.

I used the FMCA program at the local TCI store too.

Gil_J
07-03-2014, 04:57 PM
I have heard that 315s are available, but may not be at every dealer. When I'm doing a scheduled tire change I opt for a national distributor that doesn't mind doing buses. I have used TCI Orlando twice and TCI Dothan once. In all three cases the tire changes went as planned and I always bought under the Michelin Advantage Program through FMCA program. I believe TCI is owned by Michelin, or so I've been told. I know that when you buy tires here they will most likely be fresh.

As for changing to a different tire, I'd prefer not to. One person said their dealer suggested XZA1 tires. I didn't know this older tire was even still produced. As for XDN2 tires, the Michelin site doesn't show those available in 315.

Why not go for the Michelin X-on on the drives? These look really cool and are optionally available on new Prevosts. Some won't do it because of the increased extent of damage if you have a blow-out. They do make a valid point. Any blow-out may result in significant damage anyway.

Call the TCI Tire Center closest to you.

LarryB
07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
FYI for those that live on the West coast, TCI has one (1) 315 in Phoenix and four (4) in Tennessee. This per the sales rep in the Portland,Or store.