PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Flush Toilet

dale farley
06-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I have one of the electric Micro-flush toilets. I removed the main supply line yesterday to try to find a connection for a bidet. I must have knocked something, because the toilet continually cycles. I don't see any bent or loose connections. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Turning off the switch is the only way I can stop it from cycling.

LarryB
06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Dale, did you attempt to change the settings on the rotatory switch? Perhaps you knocked the wire loose to this switch. Not sure if that is a timer but by making a different selection with the knob you can change the time the toilet will fill.

dale farley
06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Larry,

I didn't make any changes to the timer, and I don't see that one of the wires is off. That switch is a timer and does determine how long the flush lasts and how much water fills the bowl. I'll give it another look. It has to be something simple. I tried calling a Micro-flush dealer but only got an answering machine.

Pete
06-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Dale, is it a micro-flush, or a microphor? I have books on the microphor, but mine is air operated.

dale farley
06-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Pete, It is a Microphor Micro-Flush unit. Maybe Microphor is the mfg and Micro-flush is the model?

Bruce Kaltenbrun
06-14-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi Dale: I found a Microflush trouble shooting guide on the internet. Your problem could be one of 3 things:
1. A cracked cam
2. A defective cam switch; or switch out of adjustment
3. A defective timer

This is a contact for Microflush: Ed Mullaney & Associates 856-596-1299, or e-mail edmullaney@edmullaney.com

dale farley
06-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Bruce,

I tried calling Ed three times yesterday but never got in touch. I agree with the trouble shooting guide. I can tell the cam just keep rotating instead of shutting off when it reaches a certain point. I am thinking I may have knocked the switch out of alignment, but I have not been able to tell if that is the problem. There is not much room to get my head in there to see how things work!!! I need a little man about 4" tall to get in that space. Thanks for the info.

dale farley
06-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I said my toilet it electric, but it is is probably air/electric just like everyone else has.

Pete
06-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Dale, sorry to say, but Ed passed away a year or so ago. He was very good at diagnosing the Microfor toilets. The last contact I had with that company was with Ed's daughter who was trying to continue the business. Don't know if she was successful in doing so.
I think Gil has the same toilet and may be able to chime in here to help. When these toilets are working as they should, they are hard to beat, but if not, they are a real pain in the south side.
If any one has a source for the parts I would like to know.

dale farley
06-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Pete, That was probably Ed's daughter that answered on the answering machine. It sounded like they were still in business, so I may try again next week. I removed the micro switch and it seems to be working, but it does not shut off when the switch drops in the cam lobe.

JIM KELLER
06-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Dale, We both have the same unit. I see you had to remove the flush handle to access the water supply. Does it keep flushing with the wires disconnected from the handle ?

dale farley
06-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Jim, Mine is like the one you have, but there is no handle. Mine has a switch on the wall. I had no problem until I disconnected the supply line. This line is inside the back of the toilet. There are no external connections. I don't know if I knocked something loose, but I have not been able to find anything.

JIM KELLER
06-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Well.... I have tried several combinations but none of them make mine do what yours is doing except holding the handle down. Sorry I'm no help.

dale farley
06-16-2014, 06:02 PM
For whatever the reason (I'll attribute it to an answer to prayer), I accidentially hit the flush button last night , and it flushed normally and has been working fine ever since. Still have no idea what caused the problem.

Gil_J
06-16-2014, 09:00 PM
I think Karen nailed this one...stuck activation switch.

dale farley
06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I checked the switch several times to make sure it wasn't stuck, and it didn't appear to be, but whatever the reason, I'm just glad its working.

JIM KELLER
06-17-2014, 06:50 AM
I think Karen nailed this one...stuck activation switch.

The creditability of lunch time diagnostics !

dale farley
06-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I do remember one time when Karen helped me get my hot water heater working when I first got my CC, but after some diagnosis on my part , I was able to rule out my Activation Switch on the commode.