PDA

View Full Version : Girard Awning Stuck in Out Position

Jamie Bradford
05-24-2014, 10:44 AM
I have been battling my front passenger side awning all week. It will go out but will not go in - until I press the rocker switch between 10-20 times. The remote will not bring the awning in either.

There is no rhyme or reason to it - Girard had me bypass the Current Limiting Switch - that did not fix it.

I think I have narrowed it down to a loose wire in the control box - on the picture you see the wire arrangement - if I push the tab above the far left black wire the awning goes in. I will get with Girard Tuesday and see what the next step needs to be.

Interesting thing though - I talked to several people , including Girard , and no one seemed to realize that you could push this tab to get the awning in. The only other recommendations I got was to climb on the roof and retract it with a drill & allen wrench - I am not crazy about the ladder thing…..

Jamie

dale farley
05-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Maybe Girard will learn something from your experience then explain it to you. Jamie, that is a tall bus, so you should be cautious about getting on top of it. Hold the ladder really steady for Debbie!

Joe Camper
05-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a new motherboard is in the cards for u. sure doesn't sound like something mechanical.

Gil_J
05-25-2014, 06:49 AM
Jamie, that tab you are referring to is the one that crimps that wire. Based on the labelling, that is a direction wire. Push or pull that tab, pull out the wire, trim an 1/8" of insulation and reinsert the wire. It could be there is some resistance at the crimp point.

Camc
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi Jamie,

Did you try reprogramming the remote control for that particular awining?

Cam Colon

Joe Camper
07-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Well look at this.

An old post by the webmaster, resurrected.

Whats up with this Jamie?? U never did conclude the problem for us. Shame on U.

Jamie Bradford
07-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Sorry …. I was able to fix the issue by re-inserting the black wire in the harness - seems like it was just loose……..

Jamie

JIM KELLER
07-12-2014, 08:08 PM
So....Gil nailed it ?

Joe Camper
07-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Guys good aint he.