PDA

View Full Version : Loss of our Lab

lbriant
05-20-2014, 08:58 AM
We had to put down our chocolate Lab of 14 yrs , yesterday,
Rooster will be truly missed I had forgot how hard it is to lose a Pet, a friend and travel companion nothing like a 100 lb lab following you everywhere in the bus, .)
He will always live in our hearts he had friends all over the country,
Rooster we love you R.I.P

Thank everyone for the kind words,
my last dog lived over 14 yrs and died at home naturally so I have never had to take one to the vet to be put down, I stayed with him and held him until it was over,
I am attaching a picture I double exposed one is his finest hunting day with him sitting in my truck with our limit of pheasants and Quail even one in his mouth and the other pic was from his last day very sick I thought it was a nice memorial pic,

jetart
05-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Larry & Nancy, Sorry to hear about Rooster. We lost a Golden Retriever several years ago who was a constant travel companion. That day ranks right up at the top when it comes to one of the worst days of my life.

Best wishes.

Gil_J
05-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Larry and Nancy,

I'm painfully aware of how you feel. Having lost our Lab a couple years ago, I swore I'd never have another dog. A year later we brought Shiner, our new yellow Lab, into our hearts and home. We couldn't be happier, even though Harley, or last yellow lab, can't be replaced and will always have a place in our hearts.

The pain you are surely feeling will linger far too long, the great memories will be with you forever, sharing your life with another dog brings back that companionship you will surely miss otherwise.

Joe Camper
05-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Larry I was always burdened with that last trip to the vet.

Its my experience that if U really loved and cared for that pet like I know U did the grieving will be short cause u have no regrets.

Go out a get a puppy. Do it again. Soon.

dale farley
05-21-2014, 08:21 AM
We empathize with you Larry. We lost our 14 year old Retriever a few months ago, and it was hard. First time I've ever shed tears over an animal, but he was a true friend. It's easy to tell by just looking at the picture that Rooster was a sweet companion.

Jamie Bradford
05-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Larry & Nancy

I am so sorry to hear that ! The main reason we got into this lifestyle was so that Caesar could join us - I feel for you all & know you have many , many happy memories of Rooster.

Jamie

Reagan Sirmons
05-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Larry and Nancy,
Each of us has a story of our pets. Betty and I lost Cocoa (one of the three Standard Poodles we have always carried in the coach). If it were not for the pets, we literally would not have the coach. We go to the University of Texas football games and to any event anywhere.
When we lost Cocoa in August, we were hit hard but we have intentionally talked very openly about the fun times and it has truly soothed the pain. I didn't think we would discuss her but we do and its great. Think about the home you provided and the contentment Rooster had...he had a great 45' kennel ... and a great set of parents...
Pres

rcantrell52
05-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Larry and Nancy,
Very sorry to read about the loss of your beloved Rooster. Animals become part of our family's and it is difficult to lose them. Bandit was a mixed breed dog that my wife found and he became part of our family. He was her buddy and protector. It has been three years since we had to put him to sleep. We laugh about some of the things he did and the people he chased of off of the front porch. Even now when we talk about him we sometimes get misty eyed.
Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell

lbriant
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes they are forever with us,
I keep reaching my hand down by my chair to scratch his head, it will take awhile,
Thanks everyone

Alek&Lucia
05-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Rainbow Bridge</SPAN>

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. </SPAN>
When an animal dies that has been especially close to </SPAN>
Someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. </SPAN>
There are meadows and hills for all our </SPAN>
Special friends so they can run and play together. </SPAN>
There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine and </SPAN>
Our friends are warm and comfortable.</SPAN>

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health