PDA

View Full Version : RV Bus Fire

Gil_J
05-14-2014, 09:19 PM
This picture was posted on a Facebook page. It occurred in AR. What surprised me is that many posters weren't surprised pointing to turbos and high pressure power steering pump lines being common causes of Series 60 fires.

Dick in Wisconsin
05-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Entertainer coach? or a motorhome?

How many of the Prevost owners have a fire suppression system in their coach?

Gil_J
05-15-2014, 06:41 AM
It has awnings, so I'd say motorhome. It was reported to be a RV.

Personally, I can't see an engine bay suppression system working without a bay sized container of suppressant. There is simply too much fresh air available to the engine bay. With so much available oxygen, the suppressant would have to be directly applied to the fire. That would require a lot of discharge nozzles. When I was a boater, this topic was discussed in depth by those that know fires. Even with small engine room vents, the amount of available oxegen was a concern. The most effective boat fire suppression systems shut down the engine and closed the engine room vents. Obviously, this would be unachievable in our engine bay.

Joe Camper
05-15-2014, 07:31 AM
That's motorhome and it does not look like an engine fire. IMO that fire began in the house.

I say that because if the fire started in the rear and burned up the entire camper like that I would think the rear would be cooked way more in relation to the rest of the burn.