PDA

View Full Version : windows ?

lbriant
05-02-2014, 10:26 PM
I know joe was just talking about windows, I have the type the bottom opens with a plastic pole you push out in different segments for however far you want to open it,
Well it seems I am accumulation some water on my window sills and also getting a small Draft in the cold I was wondering about replacing all the seals and where I would find them, ?
Has anyone ever encountered this,
Joe I could get some pics up of them.

Gil_J
05-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Larry,

The water on the sill could be condensation or a leak. If it's a leak the fix is to make sure the coach is level side to side. Otherwise, rain can enter through the hole were the support rods goes. You could replace the foam gasket rings on the rod at the window, but that won't last long based on my experience. I replaced them all and just a short few months later the windows would leak if the coach wasn't near level.

dale farley
05-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I had a window seal leaking in the bedroom, and Denny gave me some replacements. After getting the new ones, I sprayed water all around the seals, and didn't get any leaks. In retrospect that may have been because I had the bus level at the time.

lbriant
05-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Seems like on that rod you should be able to turn it in and adjust how tight it pulls the window into the seal, but that's not how it works, I also noticed a small magnetic device must tell the bus if the windows shut or not ? Do you have that on yours ?