PDA

View Full Version : HWH Slide out

lbriant
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Well hold on !!!
My electric motor may have burned out on my hydraulic 17 ft slide it quit with about 1 '' to go coming in on the way back from AZ,
Much to my surprise returning to Iowa to find out HWH is located here in Moscow Iowa, So I am in trouble shooting mode then hopefully it's just the 24 volt motor they are around $200
I have already consulted with there technician at HWH he was very Helpful.
it looks like an easy fix!!!
Ya right I will update you if it ever quits raining here and warms up a little !!!

Joe Camper
04-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Great when things work out like that. How did U get it in the last inch.

lbriant
04-30-2014, 10:33 PM
I was about 1/2 way through Kansas with expected tornados, so I called back to where I purchased the bus on there day off and left a help message to have Greg there technician for Florida Luxury coach and Lon the owner both called me back , By the way that's pretty good I purchased the bus from them over 4 yrs ago and they still take care of me every time I call, Greg had me try a few things and then said he thought I could make it home alright as the hydrolics were still under pressure, so I just took it easy and drove it home, there is a switch on the HWH box that you may have to switch to be able to get it to go into drive without blinking it's a bypass, it didn't move a bit, but you can bet the wife didn't want to ride on the couch the rest of the ride home .)

lbriant
04-30-2014, 11:04 PM
So far I have learned allot and if the wind and rain ever stops I will be working on it, there is an electric pump motor , a reservoir , four solenoids
One for ram extend one for ram retract one for room lock and one for room unlock and there is a T handle on the back of each to release pressure, all valves are normally shut and triggered open, and also at least one solenoid to turn on the 24 volt pump , which I will be bypassing before I pull the motor,

Gil_J
05-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Larry, that pump wasn't made by Lippert was it? They label their pumps LCI and were used by HWH. If so, they had a design flaw in some units where fluid would leak into the motor.

I would hope your pump has a easy of being operated by an electric drill.

Good luck,

Joe Camper
05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Is the reservoir easy to get to and fill? Where is it on yours? R the reservors always in the same spot?

lbriant
05-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Yes mine is right in the aqua hot bay with fill hole in the tank right up front by the door, and the motor in the back
But now that I think about it if it were turned around and a drill had an attachment I could have possibly ran my pump ?
Like Gil said ? I could install it backwards ?
I know the solenoids for the rams and locks are all the same so carrying one extra would be a good idea also,
The whole system is mounted in a small probably 2 ft x 1 ft aluminum tray ,
Still to cold and wet to go outside Arizona made me thin skinned .)
I thought the guy said it created around 3800 lbs of pressure, the locks can be seen with the slide in on only the front side it's a pointed round 2" pin that I believe turns and extends into the slide where there is a chrome plate reinforcing the slide lock, exactly half way up the slide,
Not only it locks but the hydrolics keeps pressure on all the time, because after each action all valves stay closed they only open on demand,
Normal solenoid position is always closed,

lbriant
05-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Well it quit raining for now so I went to work,
What should have been an easy job turned into the usual,
First I jumped 24 volts right to the motor, dead as a door nail ?
So I started unhook in the 24 volt main wires and continued removing electric motor, the pump housing was mounted from the bottom on an aluminum like slanted half box and one side was so tall I could barely after an hour get the two bolts off the bottom, ( I am cutting this box down by 6" so next time I can just lift it up,) the motor has only a positive cable going to it , the ground is through the pump bolting to the box there is a ground stud on the back of the aluminum box, once I was able to slide the whole assembly out only 2 like 3/8 long bolts go all the way through the motor and attach it to the pump with a small paddle like end to turn the pump, when I pulled the electric motor off I was going to test it again until the cover slipped back the brushes were trashed one gone the other 3 were questionable if the we're touching, allot of scarring on the armature, so a new motor is in my future, I will order monday
the motor is only 3" around,
that's all for now I will keep you updated !!!