PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Featherlite Slide Question

MWSHAWJR
04-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Please advise. Just had my 3 slides reworked and all was working well. Stopped for 3 nights on my return home and they worked perfectly.
Got home and was going to open slides, all three displayed the proper green (locked) light, but none of the slides would even budge. Would appreciate any help. Mike

dale farley
04-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Mike, I assume you've already done this but make sure all the conditions are met. I started to close mine the other day and after about 15 minutes of scratching my head, I realized one of my bay doors was open. For mine to work, I have to have my key in accessory position, must have air in the aux system, must be relatively level, the dinette table has to slide out, the slide switch has to be pushed, the locking pins must retract and the bay doors under the slide must be closed before the slide will move. Since your bus is six years newer than mine, it probably reminds you if something isn't in the right position. Mine makes me figure most things out for myself, but it does automatically move the table and retract the pins. I'm sure your conditions are different than mine, but it is easy to forget one thing.

MWSHAWJR
04-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Thank you, Dale. My coach was experiencing a pretty big air leak and the front was lowering itself down at idle speed but did much better when rpms were up at road speed. Do you think the loss of air would affect electric slide outs?

dale farley
04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
My slide needs air because the locking pins and dinette table are air operated. If none of your mechanisms are air operated, then air should not be your problem. I am just hoping it is something simple and not a flare-up of your initial problems.

garyde
04-27-2014, 12:39 AM
If non of the slides will operate, it has to be a cut off switch. Your brake needs to be set and you should be in neutral.
Each individual slide switch would blink fast if there was low air or a pin sticking.

Joe Camper
04-27-2014, 07:41 AM
If U have a front air leak can U put it into level low to stop it or not?

There also in some coaches could be a remote controller. On an 07 I found it in the bay under the pass side front slide small hand held box on about a 2 or 3 ft cord. Those slides would not retract at the drivers seat but did come in using that remote.

MWSHAWJR
04-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks Gary, was told by a guy who knew that there was a overhead compartment in bay 2 drivers side that had white TLC modules with green lights in 3 rows and one or so would open causing no slides to work and that it maybe needed to be wired shut to work. Also talked about a block 3x4" that was a controller. If you can make any sense of this please let me know. Could this be the cut off switch you are talking about? Thanks, Mike

garyde
04-28-2014, 09:36 PM
The controller I believe is what he is referring , the LED lights probably are signaling the status. If all are not working, its probably a
a relay that is keeping you from operating any of the slides. This relay would typically only operate when you are in Park or Neutral, and the Air brake is set. Additionally, I have a closet door in my bedroom , if not closed properly, the bedroom slide will not work. Its tied to a relay which stops the slide controller from starting.
If you have Prevost slides, I would call Prevost. If it is another brand, which brand is it. Then the group can make some further suggestions.

MWSHAWJR
04-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks Gary, 3 slides...Featherlite is the conversion company. Think it is relay because all 3 slide switches are lit green, but none of them will move. Think Featherlite only did 2 coaches like this and mine is maybe the 2nd of the first 2 triple slides they produced.

MWSHAWJR
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Gary, got it! You were right, it was a relay issue. Thank you very much.

garyde
04-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Great. What was it?