PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr Bus driver are you legal ?

lbriant
04-16-2014, 01:32 AM
I started investigating this and found this link to my surprise ?

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-state-rv-license.shtml

lbriant
04-16-2014, 01:35 AM
I know allot of us are 55,000 to around 60,000 lbs and 45 ft +trailer or toad, s ????

Gil_J
04-16-2014, 07:52 AM
The accuracy of the information in this site is questionable. It's doubtful coaches registered as RVs require a CDL in any state. If required, you fall under federal requirements, which would not be good. I checked Indiana as they indicate it requires a CDL--wrong. It also says with full confidence that a Florida Class E license does not state its valid for RVs over 26K pounds. Wrong again, mine clearly states its valid for RVs of any weight.

As more states look for easy money they may start enforcing length limits.

Joe Camper
04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
54000 is the limit for 3 axles configured like us.

Although there may be a couple out there like that they r the exception to the rule.

If I was pulling a PU with a 45r, or say even a stacker or a great big boat I wouldn't give it a second thought anywhere sept California.

If I ever got sited Id pay the fine and if the state was commonly in my way keep doing it go around or Id run it at night, sept California.

dale farley
04-16-2014, 08:31 AM
You would think that any state would require you show you have proper license when you register an RV in that state.

Joe Camper
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Goofy that's what it is.

When I turn down my street it says no trucks over 5 ton and I legally drive right on by with my 25 ton motorhome.

Truck is a truck motorhome is a motorhome.

If the sign said axle limits on any vehicle not to exceed that would be different and I would not drive down the that road.

Its all part of the fun.

lbriant
04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Great now I find out everything on the Internet is not true !!!
Next someone will say there's no santa claus !!!!
:rolleyes:
Sorry should have done my homework it was late :confused:

Gil_J
04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
You would think that any state would require you show you have proper license when you register an RV in that state.

Dale there is no connection between vehicle registration and drivers licensing, nor should there be. In many cases you need the vehicle for practical testing.

Gil_J
04-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Dale there is no connection between vehicle registration and drivers licensing, nor should there be. In many cases you need the vehicle for practical testing.