PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

rcantrell52
04-12-2014, 06:13 PM
All,
Wanted to introduce myself being new to this board. We have owned a 03 Country Coach Intrique and a 04 Foretravel U320. Sold the Foretravel in June 2010 and have been without a coach/motorhome since that time. Looking at Prevost, Newell, and Foretravel as our next coach. At this time Prevost is being given the most consideration. Join POG to develop a base of knowledge so that I can ask intelligent questions about Prevost's. We have been inside a Royale, Country Coach, and Marathon. Have not taken a test drive/ride at this time. We like the XLII, slides, wood cabinets, tile/granite floors, and transmission retarder. I apologize ahead of time if I ask stupid questions.
Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell

Gil_J
04-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Hey Reese,

No stupid questions here. Ask away.

Alek&Lucia
04-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Welcome Reese,

If you want wood cabinets, I think your only choice will be ROYALE conversion,

Alek

dale farley
04-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Reese, Welcome to the site, and as others have said, don't be shy about asking questions.

garyde
04-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Hi Reese. You should test drive a Prevost. You'll never look back.

rcantrell52
04-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome to POG. I edited my message by adding transmission retarder. Our Foretravel had this feature and we found it very helpful. In my opinion it did a better job of slowing us down then the jake brake.
Sincerely,
Reese

Bamafan
04-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Liberty's all have (I think) a transmission retarder and most will have OTR (over the road air) but your not going to find wood cabinets in any of them. As was said, Royale conversions are typically wood cabinets and you may be able to find one that was ordered with a transmission retarder.

Joe Camper
04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
The older CC R very nice wood interiors most r in chassis with the 8V92TA power plant.