PDA

View Full Version : Heart Interface 2000

Bill Dator
04-11-2014, 09:36 PM
The only thing that works on my invertor is the micro-wave. Refrigerator, 110 lights etc do not work.

The micro wave did not work last night so I flipped all the inside circuit breakers. Then I went to an outside compartment and found the right switch and re-set the circuit breaker, why it tripped I do not know. When I disconnected from shore power, I started the generator for A/C and headed down the road from Deland to Myrtle Beach. At some point the generator stopped by it self and would not start from the panel at that point I noticed the refrigerator was not working, after I started the gen I had power. I read the instructions on the Heart and decided I needed an electrical engineering degree to understand it. I have tried the restart button and at this point the only thing that works is the micro wave. Every thing works ok with shore power except it seems to take a longer than usual time to switch over.
In my opinion the problem is with the switch from shore to invertor however the fact that the micro wave works stumps me. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Camper
04-11-2014, 09:57 PM
I cut and pasted the entire post because of the array of the questions.

The only thing that works on my invertor is the micro-wave. Refrigerator, 110 lights etc do not work.

Is there a sub panel out of the inverter with all those accessories on their own breakers or not?

The micro wave did not work last night so I flipped all the inside circuit breakers. Then I went to an outside compartment and found the right switch and re-set the circuit breaker, why it tripped I do not know.

R U referring to the circuit breaker button on the inverter itself that pushes in to reset?

When I disconnected from shore power, I started the generator for A/C and headed down the road from Deland to Myrtle Beach. At some point the generator stopped by it self and would not start from the panel at that point I noticed the refrigerator was not working, after I started the gen I had power.

How did U restart it?

I read the instructions on the Heart and decided I needed an electrical engineering degree to understand it. I have tried the restart button and at this point the only thing that works is the micro wave. Every thing works ok with shore power except it seems to take a longer than usual time to switch over.

U know your bus if that has changed that is a clue.

In my opinion the problem is with the switch from shore to invertor however the fact that the micro wave works stumps me. Any help would be appreciated.

So U do or do not have generator any longer.

Sounds like there is a couple different things happening.

What r the house battery bank voltages with the bus running without generator and with gen running?

U have 2 inverters I assume. The fridge and micro R almost always on different inverters R both on line?

Bill Dator
04-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks Joe I will address your questions tomorrow and get back to you

Joe Camper
04-11-2014, 10:14 PM
U have 2 inverters the one the micro is on is working the other may not be??

JIM KELLER
04-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Bill, Call me.

Gil_J
04-12-2014, 02:05 PM
U have 2 inverters the one the micro is on is working the other may not be??

This likely the case.

Joe Camper
04-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Ya but explain why the gen shut itself off??

Possibly the gen control and autostart R programed into the inverter that went down??

Nother ting is Heart inverters.

Oldest Interface................ next generation EMS................next generation Freedom

What is an interface doing in a 2002 CC??

Pete
04-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Maybe the auto-start switch was turned on?