PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-Hot, continuous hot water.....2004 Featherlite

MWSHAWJR
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
My Aqua-Hot system works pretty well overall, but I have never been able to achieve continuous hot water in the shower. Rather it is nice and hot for a little while, cools off, and then seems to slowly heat back up when I am leaving the shower. Can someone advise me on what to do to the unit to get that continuous hot water I have heard about. Thanks very much, Mike Shaw

jonnie
04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
If you are plugged in you are probably only operating on the 1500W heating element. The outside temperature is the key element here. If you take your shower in the morning and its cool outside, you should start the diesel fired portion of the unit and you will have more hot water than you need. You may also want to check the thermostat setting in the unit itself and increase the setting.

Hope this helps
John

lbriant
04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
With allot of water pressure or volume I can run out of hot water after my wife has showered, if you cut down the volume it will help it more consistent I don't think I could have continuous hot water endlessly but I have plenty, now if your running any heat it will steal from your shower ?

Joe Camper
04-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Marvin was Jonnie on track with his guess??

R U or R U not running the burner when U shower?

Gil_J
04-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Depending on the model of AH you have you can turn both the electric and diesel heater on at the same time. It will only use the diesel burner when the demand for hot water is high. Otherwise it will only use the electric heating element.

MWSHAWJR
04-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Yes, been running burner every time when plugged in or not to avoid running out of hot. Haven't been able to check thermostat (if I could find it) because bus in in Sanford, FL, getting some repairs and I am in Las Vegas helping my GF move.

MWSHAWJR
04-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Thanks, Gil....been using both at same time. Maybe I expect too much.

BenC
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
First of all, depending on the model you have depends on where the domestic water coil is located. The unit I believe you have has the coil on the outside of the main exchanger, rather than inside (where they moved them too in about year model 05/06). One great help is to make sure you are using water out of the tank. The Aqua Hot is only capable of so much of a temperature rise, so using "prewarmed" tank water will help. Also, in most cases we have seen like your issue, the water saver feature we have found was missing from the shower valve. Get a new one and install it and you will likely solve your issue completely.
Hope these help.

jbchevy3
04-09-2014, 11:25 PM
You may want to check the Mixing Valve on the Aqua Hot. On mine, it is located under the Webasto, and has a knob on it. You can turn the knob with a flat bladed screwdriver, since you can't get your hand on it, and it has a grooved knob. It mixes the hot and cold water together, to give you the correct temp that you want.

lbriant
04-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Just to chime in on my coach has a feature I rather liked is that all water is used though the tank so my tank water never gets old even when hooked up to full hook ups my tank runs down in a couple weeks and I hit auto fill from inside the coach as well as black and Grey dump.
My other motorhome bypassed the tank and ran right off the water source staying so where for a month and I wanted to drain my water tank and refill with fresh water,