PDA

View Full Version : New guy

Bacon
03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I would say hi. Started looking at prevost buses about a year ago. Right now we just have an older Newmar. I can't even look at newer plastic coaches anymore after lusting over these coaches. Sounds dumb when a 10 year old coach is more exciting than a brand new plastic motorhome. Hopefully I can find a coach I want and can officially join the club. Thanks, Dallas.

dale farley
03-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Dallas,

Welcome to the site. You will find we all have many things in common. I just purchased my third Prevost (1998 American Carriage). My last one was a 99 Country Coach and my first one was a 93 Marathon. They each have their pros and cons when compared to each other. The main commonality is they are all Prevosts, and it is true that nothing rides/drives like a Prevost. Continue your search, and hopefully you will soon find that bus that is "just right" for you. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Once again, welcome to the POG family.

coreygrubb
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Dallas, not dumb at all ! It took most of us a fair amount of time and many wasted dollars to realize that almost any used Prevost is better than ANY plastic motorhome. Welcome and enjoy the search. Do your research, comb previous threads(here and on the other site) and ask questions(there are no dumb ones) here.

Gil_J
03-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Dallas, I went from a 42-foot 2008 Beaver Contessa to a 99 Country Conversion (Dale's second Prevost). It has been 2 years and we've been from Florida to Alaska with no regrets.

Welcome to the POG family,

kenrobertson
03-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Hey Dallas - Had to jump in here with my sales hat on - I've got what is possibly the best "starter" Prevost in the country on my lot right now - It is a '97 40' Liberty with "bus air" - Some of the POGGERS know this coach - It belongs to an original POGGER, Ben Wilmore, Of the "Where's Ben" thread. It's a pretty exceptional coach ( IMO ). Take a look on www.parliamentmotorcoach.com (http://www.parliamentmotorcoach.com) and give me a call.

garyde
03-23-2014, 12:22 AM
HI Dallas. Being the New Guy definitely has its privileges. You will get special attention from all POG members. We will live out our dreams vicariously helping you on your Journey to find that special Prevost. There are many good coaches out there and it is still a good buyers market although I here rumors its starting to turn. So, jump right in and ask away. We will be happy to help you spend your money. That's what we do best.

Bacon
03-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. The search is on..

BrianE
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Dallas, Check your PM's (Personal Messages)

Dick in Wisconsin
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
It took most of us a fair amount of time and many wasted dollars to realize that almost any used Prevost is better than ANY plastic motorhome.

We hope to skip the fiberglass/sticks & staples experience and cost ... going straight to drinking the top shelf nectar of a Prevost. Fortunately I traveled two decades ago with Prevost master who trained me well.

lbriant
03-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Dallas,
Welcome aboard this will be the best $50.00 you ever spent joining,
My coach is over 14 yrs old and I still love it,
When I put the indicator on in traffic it usually parts , a nice prevost is a real head Turner as anyone else can probably tell you it's hard to fill up with fuel without inquiring minds',
For an example a buddy of mine has close to a $300,000 coach maybe $250,000 it's now 2 years old 3 slides one full side fire place j couch beautiful , now out of warrantee
major slide problems broken gears the other slide broke a 5 " wire loom!! They can't seem to fix it,they actually told them to quit locking the slides and it might help ?? it will always be a crap shoot if they go out or in, all awnings replaced shower cracked manual shaded fell off ,
Both doors the outside and screen door are broken and they just vacation in it with no kids, We live in our bus full time,
Don't get me wrong there is always something to do if you want to keep a nice coach that will last you a lifetime !!!!!!
And in the Moutains the old series 60 really shines ! !!!! What a ride they drive there self ,,,,,
Good luck in your search we looked 5 yrs before buying , I joined POG after we bought I was lucky and received a good coach but there are some real smart people on this sight you started out right,

Bacon
03-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Dallas,
Welcome aboard this will be the best $50.00 you ever spent joining,
My coach is over 14 yrs old and I still love it,
When I put the indicator on in traffic it usually parts , a nice prevost is a real head Turner as anyone else can probably tell you it's hard to fill up with fuel without inquiring minds',
For an example a buddy of mine has close to a $300,000 coach maybe $250,000 it's now 2 years old 3 slides one full side fire place j couch beautiful , now out of warrantee
major slide problems broken gears the other slide broke a 5 " wire loom!! They can't seem to fix it,they actually told them to quit locking the slides and it might help ?? it will always be a crap shoot if they go out or in, all awnings replaced shower cracked manual shaded fell off ,
Both doors the outside and screen door are broken and they just vacation in it with no kids, We live in our bus full time,
Don't get me wrong there is always something to do if you want to keep a nice coach that will last you a lifetime !!!!!!
And in the Moutains the old series 60 really shines ! !!!! What a ride they drive there self ,,,,,
Good luck in your search we looked 5 yrs before buying , I joined POG after we bought I was lucky and received a good coach but there are some real smart people on this sight you started out right,
I wish I could find a rivet coach with slide like yours. They must be super rare. I just am a little gun shy with all the delamination problems on XL2 coaches. I know I want a pre-emission motor, so a late Xl or early XL2. Maybe even an H3 if I can find the right one.

coreygrubb
03-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Bacon, Check out the 2000 CC H2s at QRC or the 98 Vantare at Featherlite.

Joe Camper
03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
I found 5 that fit that request on the stuff site. couple vantare couple CC and a Marathon with a trlr.

lbriant
03-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I could probably part with mine for $300,000 or so :D

Bacon
03-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Bacon, Check out the 2000 CC H2s at QRC or the 98 Vantare at Featherlite.
Looked at the Featherlite and it's nice. Not up on all the lingo. What is QRC? If it's on prevost-stuff I have seen it. I have looked at every coach on there. I am maybe being picky, but they all have something I don't like. I want more wood interior and some are white. Some have some really funky interior colors or unappealing exterior. I figure if I am going to spend the money, it better be what I want.

lbriant
03-26-2014, 11:20 PM
You will find allot of wood in a royal coach and very simple electronics, good solid coaches, That's what I was going to buy before I spent the night in our Featherlight,
I almost traded up to a newer Royal I like the electronics and the rear walk in closet but the bays were all screwy ? Stuff I needed was on the drivers side under the slide and stuff I didn't need to ever get to was on the passenger side ?
Hope I could shed some light ,,,,,,

garyde
03-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Looked at the Featherlite and it's nice. Not up on all the lingo. What is QRC? If it's on prevost-stuff I have seen it. I have looked at every coach on there. I am maybe being picky, but they all have something I don't like. I want more wood interior and some are white. Some have some really funky interior colors or unappealing exterior. I figure if I am going to spend the money, it better be what I want.

Its always difficult to find everything you want with these Coaches. Its best to prioritize your list as to what are the top 2 or 3
things. Regarding interiors, they can be updated and changed a lot easier and less expensive than changing the paint on a Coach.
When I saw photos of the exterior of my coach, I was already 80 percent sold. The interior worked for me although I was leaning toward a Zebra motif.

Bamafan
04-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Dallas,
We've owned 4 Newmar coaches the latest being a 2011 Mountain Aire. We recently purchased a 2003 Prevost Liberty non slide. For us we were not only willing but actually looking forward to finding a non slide coach. After looking at a lot of pictures and having opportunity to see some in person we decided that Liberty was our favored conversion. Like you we felt that some of the coaches we looked at were to "white" inside, others, especially due to no slides, felt to "straight" like a galley kitchen feels. Liberty seemed to have a little more contrast in some of their color choices especially in the vintage we were shopping in and used more curves with their layouts than some of the others did. After settling on Liberty we then found a floor plan we liked and were fortunate enough to find a very well cared for 03. I've never been in anything that rides like this bus does. Enjoy the search. That's half the fun. Then once you have it, don't let it sit. Get out there and use it. Sitting isnt good for them anyway.