PDA

View Full Version : Soft Shoulders

Gil_J
03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Someone on another site posted this picture. It was stated as taken on the over the world highway. We wouldn't drive our coach on this road. We left our coach in Tok and drove the car. We saw what was left of a plastic coach that went down a 20-foot embankment and then fell over. It was totaled.

Regardless of location, some shoulders shouldn't be used.

JIM KELLER
03-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Man O Man, I can't believe that thing hasn't rolled !

Dick in Wisconsin
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I wonder if the coach is still sitting there ... or if the just got in and drove it out.

Anyone able to identify the coach or the toad?

garyde
03-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Its one of the items you need to be aware . The weight on these coaches is substantial. Certainly in Wet weather or Wet regions .

Joe Camper
03-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Dick from the back it seems like the banjo of the rear end would be dug in good. It may have driven out but it would have taken a lot of balls to even try.

They could have run up on a moose or an elk and jacked it over there. Or some road hog coming at them fast and stupid.

I will never forget the driving instructions I was given by a barrel rider with a Liberty I traveled with a few summers ago.

She told me " If U run up on a dog or a deer don't U be jackin the wheel and hurting my horse. U just hold your line and run that animal down. We will deal with the front end damage don't hurt my horse."