PDA

View Full Version : Rand McNally Rv Trip Software

Jamie Bradford
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
I was just playing around and found this neat feature on the Rand McNally app I use on my iPad while traveling. You can zoom to anywhere on your route and get real time fuel prices..... Pretty cool....

Gil_J
03-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Very cool. I'm guessing it uses Gas Buddy. Those prices are cheaper than here. All stations here are now over $4/gallon.

Reagan Sirmons
03-07-2014, 02:03 PM
What's wrong with $ 4 diesel... it's all in the eyes of the beholder.....
As they say in Texas...if you don't have an oil well, ... get one!...and apparently a lot of you fellows up North are doing just that! More power to you.
Just kidding, of course about the price of fuel....... but there are some solid things going on in the industry that may help the price of fuel longer term.... Perhaps you noticed the recent research and production of Shell motor oil being manufactured overseas created directly from 100% natural gas for light car engine use. It's still not as clean as they want it to be but progress is being made. This type of effort may ultimately result in liquid fuel from natural gas to fire diesel engines that are not built to burn natural gas nor have they been converted to natural gas use. It will be interesting to see how the industry handles the heat issues that burning natural gas presents. At present, the heat issue is absolutely huge and being able to handle it is responsible for a great deal of the conversion costs.
Just some fun comments.
Have a great day.
Pres