PDA

View Full Version : Theft alarm keeps going off!

Larry Sturm
02-25-2014, 02:11 PM
I recently purchased a 1999 Prevost Marathon Coach. Once or twice a day the alarm system goes off with the coach locked and parked in my garage. I called Marathon and the rep said the unit was installed by Prevost. Any suggestions would be appreciated to solve this problem? Thanks

Gil_J
02-25-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm surprised this was installed by Prevost. My 99 CC, 98 chassis, has what I would have certainly thought to be an after market alarm system installed by CC. If your's is like mine, it can be triggered by an opening of a bay door, coach door, or motion detected within the coach. You might have a bay door sensor that as an intermittent closure, maybe something that moves in the coach possibly triggered by air movement if the AC is on and cycles.

You may just do like so many of us have done and that's pull the fuse on the alarm system.

garyde
02-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Although its installed by Prevost , it is a Ford Product.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+door+security+pad+manual&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yVgNU-zrDKamygH0h4CgAw&ved=0CH0QsAQ&biw=1239&bih=542#imgdii=_

Not sure about the motion sensors

Larry Sturm
02-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I locked the coach last night using the key instead of the key pad or remote door lock, thought that might keep the alarm from arming. So far it has not went off! If it goes off again guess I will find the fuse and pull it like recommended.

Gil_J
02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Okay Larry I know what you have now that Gary posted it. I didn't realize Prevost installed them in the 98 chassis. This is not what I have.

FYI, over the years the use of the automatic locking mechanism has locked some out of their coaches. I don't recall the specifics. It has something to do with the locking solenoid slamming the key lock mechanism. I also understand the part that fails is no longer available. So, it might be good to find out the specifics and have your's inspected to ensure yours is still serviceable. As you can imagine getting into the coach when the door won't open would be a challenge.

Larry Sturm
02-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Won't look good being locked out. Thanks for the info.