PDA

View Full Version : Bus Cover

dale farley
01-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I have to park my bus outside for a few weeks. I am trying to determine if I should use a soft cover to keep the sun/rain off the bus? I will have to cut small holes whree I have antennas.

My concern is that if the cover flops around any at all it might damage my paint, especially the murial on the back. I already have a cover that will fit, I just don't want to scratch my paint in the process. Has anyone else used a soft cover on their Prevost?

dalej
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Dale, my vote...no

Jon Wehrenberg
01-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I side with Dale on this also.

dale farley
01-10-2007, 02:15 PM
I guess I will just try to do a good wax job on the bus. Has anyone else used the Metal and Top wax as described on the Prevost.com site. I see that Fast Roger seems to have excellent results from the metal wax, but I am wondering about the Top wax. Is this brand really superior to other waxes?

truk4u
01-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Dale,

Don't do the cover... I had one on a plastic coach years ago before I built my garage and moisture accumulated between the cover and the motorhome. Also flapped around, hard to get it tight and anything sharp on the roof would rub holes in the cover. I hated it and removed after only a few weeks.

rfoster
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Roadrunner: Thanks for the comment on the results I have obtained. But to respond to your question: No to the cover, don't do it. Use regular automotive wax on the the roof (I use Mequiars "quick Wax" -its cheap and ez, none seem to last forever. - the metal wax is for the SS & unpainted polished metals only. And I must add elbow grease is nescessary.:cool:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-10-2007, 05:37 PM
You MEAN I am going to have to HAND WAX this monster when I buy one??? :(

Not one of you guys ever told me I was going to have to WAX this beast, as well as, change air bags, regulators, batteries, tires, belts, and DUMP the Black Holding tank......? Shissssh, what am I getting myself in to? :eek:

Gary

ken&ellen
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I had a cover once and can only echo Tom. Scratches were the least of the problems. We are building a garage here in Georgia.......no church of Brotherly Love convenient to our home........sorry Mike.:D
Ken & Ellen

Toy Box
01-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Gary... Nice to chat with you last week... Yes, you or your bride will be doing the wax on wax off dance unless that is unless you get yourself a slave. That's what I did a few years ago and now I can't get rid of him!!!! He says he just loves to rub ss.

Joe Cannarozzi
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Rodger If we ever get togeather I am going to have to ask you for a demonstration on the correct way to WAX A ROOF:rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'll need a comfortable recliner and about a 12-pack to get through the demonstration:D

Ray didnt you say you needed another demonstration for POGIII?

The cover question? Had 1 once and it snowed, thawed a little, then refroze and had to run the furnace for a couple of days on an old camper we had just to get it off-no good.

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
No from me on the cover. Pain to put on and take off. Where do you store it when you are not using it? If it gets dirty you get dirty! If dirt gets on the inside it acts like rubbing compound and dulls the finish! :eek: :eek: VERY BAD JIM

garyde
01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I have had several covers for different RV's. First of all, where do you even find a 45 foot Cover? The covers I had , needed to be watched after and kept tight all the time or the wind would billow them and they would tear.
The last cover I had was a 40 foot cover and it was fun getting it on and off. I removed the antennas so as not to have any holes. You have to strap them to the underside of the coach and keep them tight. They have warrenties on the covers but they are usless because the wind usually tears then apart in the 1st or 2nd year. It would be better to buy a soft Tent Garage or build a Covered Bus port.
I am interested in how one waxes the rough roof top. Can you roll on some type of licquid?

rfoster
01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Gary: My roof is smooth aluminum painted an off white color. Just about like waxing an old car. Not very entertaining either.

gmcbuffalo
01-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I have to park my bus in the driveway, so I have to use a cover otherwise the fir and pine needles get in to everything and hold moisture. This cover is on it's thrid year and has tears and holes and is tough to put on and off. It's the best option I have.
GregM

garyde
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Gary: My roof is smooth aluminum painted an off white color. Just about like waxing an old car. Not very entertaining either.

I guess I'll call Liberty. My roof has a sand type white finish. It helps for not slipping, but I don't know why else its Sandy.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I guess I'll call Liberty. My roof has a sand type white finish. It helps for not slipping, but I don't know why else its Sandy.

Do you suppose it was a windy day at the beach when the coach roof was being painted ? :confused: :D

Gary

garyde
01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Do you suppose it was a windy day at the beach when the coach roof was being painted ? :confused: :D

Gary

Can you say 'Sugar Donut' , Thats how rough it is.