PDA

View Full Version : Dale & Jan to Central America

truk4u
01-09-2007, 08:40 AM
I jumped over here to keep the thread Nazi away. Wow, all the way down there on the Hog is fantastic, you guy's are our hero's.. Here you are freezing your buns off in the frozen north getting ready for 4 weeks of fun in the sun with the Hog. Doesn't get much better than that. Always wanted to ride down through Baja, never even been there.

Sounds like we will lose you on the board for awhile, so keep us posted and take lots of pictures. Maybe you could bring them to POG3 for a show and tell.

Nothing better to cure the winter blaws.....;)

PS - Anyone bringing the Hogs to POG3, were thinking about it if the weather is warm that time of year.

dalej
01-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Tom, we are bringing ours for sure. We are hopefully arriving 2-3 days early to do some riding around those parts of TX. We have been to a lot of TX. but never that part.

I will dig up a couple of our favorite photos of the baja and post them. After the trip down baja we took a ferry from LaPaz to Las Mochas and rode north on the mainland to AZ.

I don't know if you remember all the rain the desert southwest was getting in the winter of 05, but everything was gorgeous. When we got back to the US, we rode through Death Valley, CA and there was a lake in the valley and flowers and life everywhere.

The ride of 05 will always be remembered as a GREAT one.

BrianE
01-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Dale & Jan,

Have a great trip guys. Dale, you're lucky to have a girl that enjoys the ride. Beverly will fly anywhere with me but I had to give up scooters. Can't wait to hear about the adventure. We are also planning on arriving in Kerrville a little early. Ride safe.

Brian & Beverly
94Liberty XL

dalej
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Here are some photos from Baja Mexico and Death Valley California. Let me know if you have any questions on Mexico or if your planning a trip there.

Check them out at http://creeksidephotography.com/05Ride.htm

Chris and Debbie Yates
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Tommy,
We will be hauling the hog to Pog 111. There are some great riding roads in that part of Texas.
I still want to start a motorcycle club for guys with busses who haul Harleys, it would be called WHORE (we haul our rides everywhere)
Any takers?

AP

Joe Cannarozzi
01-09-2007, 06:03 PM
That looked like a trip of a liftime. I could not get Debbie either on a bike OR south of the border.

Those pictures are insperational:cool:

merle&louise
01-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Great pictures Dale, that must have been a fun trip.

We are going to arrive in Kerrville a little early too. Karen loves to ride, but we sold the '01 Ultra Classic in 2004. Looks like with everyone in POG riding we may have to re-think the situation.

How were the accomodations down there?

How many miles a day did you travel on the bike?

rmboies
01-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Dale and Jan,

Every one of these photos should be on a calendar, they are gorgeous. It's great that you are able to travel to such beautiful places.

truk4u
01-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey Mate, count me in!:D

Dale, fantastic pictures and now Corona Kelly doesn't stand a chance.;)

dalej
01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Tuga, we usually ran in legs, so it ranged from 200-350 miles a day, just to get to a nice town. The motels were below what most of us are used to in the US, but after being on a bike all day...anything will do! They always ran 300 pesos no matter where on baja we were, except for Cabo. Wherever Americans are the price goes up. All and all we always felt good about the trip, the boarder town are always the worst.

Joe Cannarozzi
01-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Tom thanks for straitning out the thread creap now I cant find the original post with all those great pictures:D

truk4u
01-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey Joe, hell I can't even find my post, all I can think about is you at Sloppy Joes!:D