PDA

View Full Version : Microphor Toilet Repair

dale farley
01-09-2014, 11:05 PM
My low profile Microphor toilet decided to run all the time, so I had to replace the valve and solenoid to correct the problem. When I flushed it, the water continued to run, so I knew the valve was stuck in the open position. It turned out to be a pretty simple fix.

I removed the two screws shown in 3, removed the collar from the vent tube (black round thing on left side) and took the nut off the screw that held the black timer box. pulled out the valve and got a replacement from Parliament for $63 and made the repair.

The problem was the black rubber had hardened on the end of the little shaft shown in the 1st picture and would not seal the little hole that the water flows through. The plastic diaphragm on the left of the picture was also hardened. Pretty much anyone could make this repair in less than an hour.

Picture 2 shows the valve and solenoid assembly that I replaced.

lbriant
01-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Some people may not agree with me but to avoid hardened rubber seals in any toilet which usually happens during storage or when winterized I had the same problem until I started after winterizing I poured straight car antifreeze into my toilet so I had about half the toilet full automobile antifreeze has components in it to keep your rubber seals in your engine reguvinated
and helps them to keep and restore there memory so to speak, in any case I have never had a bad seal since, about 12 yrs
By the way good job on the fix and nice pic's !!
I also used a small amount in the grey and black water tanks to hold after winterizing,

JIM KELLER
01-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Nice that Parliament had the part in stock !