PDA

View Full Version : Air Operated Doors

dale farley
01-01-2014, 11:22 PM
I have air operated doors in the bedroom and bath. I have a leak in the valve of one of them. Is there normally any feasible way to get to the valves?

Gil_J
01-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Dale,

The best fix for air operated doors is a Country Coach. You knew that though, didn't you? Don't tell us you also have an air operated toilet ;-)

I couldn't resist. Sorry, I can't help.

dale farley
01-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Gil, I do know that. Fortunately, I have an electric toilet. As best I can tell, the only air is my doors and step slide. I think if I tear out the wall between my bath and kitchen, I can get to the valve really easy.

truxton
01-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Dale,

Have you tried to talk to anyone over in Tehachapi?

dale farley
01-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Bernie,

I have called several numbers, but so far, I haven't reached anyone.

truxton
01-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Let me get a hold of a friend of mine who had a slide put in last year up there, he's got to have some contacts?

truxton
01-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Dale, I sent you a pm.

JIM KELLER
01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Dale, If I can remember the air pocket door story Rick May told it will put a grin on your face. One of his customers was stressed because he had water coming in from the top of his air pocket doors. Apparently his air system was so contaminated with water anything with air was full of water. Rick looked at him and said " Sell the Bus. "

dale farley
01-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Bernie, Thanks for the info.

Jim, I don't think I have water, but a very audible air leak. I can stop it by opening and closing the door using the engine air but not with the house air pump.

garyde
01-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi Dale. In my Coach , there is a shut off for each air door below the sinks in the bath closet and under the bedroom sink.

dale farley
01-03-2014, 12:49 AM
That was a good move on Liberty's part. I don't think I have them.

Joe Camper
01-05-2014, 08:11 AM
I think U might. look around IMO this is a safety issue. Jim interesting story I have a related one.

While in a steering bay on arguably the nicest XLV I have ever worked on. A bus bought used from a very well known and established used bus dealer and service center.

As soon as I opened the door on the steering bay I was hit with rust colored water stains in what looked like unrelated multiple places Looked like an outside water leak possibly a door seal or coming down from the drivers slider.

Apon further observation. I notice all the rust stain on the exhaust ports on the norgren air manifold. At the little red exhaust ports on each of the solenoids. Also rust stain where the aux compressor limit switch exhausts onto the grey carpet.

That's when the light went on. I first checked the Norgren air water separator it was empty. This was a VOGUE and its aux compressor is in there and very well designed. It had an additional air tank to increase volume the absolutely nicest vibration mount I have never seen before and its own water separator.

When I opened the water separator it was completely full. SOOOOOOOOOOO. Now????? How long has this ben full and cycling that way?? And how is rusty water being pushed into the norgren air manifold?? The separator was full of clean clear water.

This was a recent purchase and less than 3000 miles since buying it so the dealer where it sold from did not drain this. I digress

The line out of the separator went directly into the additional converter installed air tank and then into the manifold prevo puts in there for converters to tie into. That tank was mounted horizontally and the size of a thermos. There was no drain cock on it. That made me nervous but I believed I found the source of the rust exhausting out the norgren manifold.

I pulled the tank. The lowest fitting orifices on it were half way up on the end. The tank had water in it. I poured it into a bucket to s how much but I already knew I could feel it inside. It was full right up to the fittings half way up.

How long did that take to accumulate?? 100000 miles on the bus, it may very well have never been drained.

As I moved on to the components for the steer axle suspension I found more. First I found rusty water stain on th frame under where the tale for the ride height valve exhausts towards. A big rusty spot there. I also found both of the 2 way norgrens there contaminated with water and rust after pulling the fittings and looking inside.

Do U even have a water separator on your aux air compressor?? Not all do. Thank goodness I was out to do a shotgun suspension rebuild (ism) for this camper and had all those new parts already in hand.

Now U have the rest of the story.