PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Chamois

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Peg and I just got back from our Florida trip. ( More on that Later :)

We stayed at ORA in St. Lucie Florida, for two days through New Years eve, and had a great time. We talked to everybody in a Prevost that was out and about, and everyone was so nice to talk to. There were probably about 30 Prevost buses of every convertor, along with about 30 other coaches in the park. Most of them were owners at the park.

One georgeous Parliament XLII No Slides, was just spottless and we stopped several times to talk with him and his wife, Gary and Linda.

He proceeded to tell us about his Xmas present this year from his wife. An Invisible Chamois. Have you ever heard of it? I know some of you have, but for those that haven't, you need to check this out. I did not see him use it but if it does what he claims, and it looked like it did, everyone of you guys ought to have one. http://www.invisiblechamois.com/

We are still in a Plastic coach, but are flying back for more information at the Tampa, Super RV Show, in two weeks.:D This device would be worth its weight in gold, for those of you that are meticulous about cleaning the outside of your bus. Check it out.

We had a great time, but glad to be home.

Gary

MangoMike
01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
This looks similiar to what Speed Racer (Kevin E.) carries around with him, the deionized water system. Except Kevin tanks double as the fuel tanks on the Space Shuttle.

mm

lewpopp
01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Gary

You are on this forum and stopped at ORA Port St. Lucie and didn't look me up.

Hope you had a good time wandering around. I would have been happy to show you around and introduce you to most all of the owners. We could havbe done lunch or something. Your loss.

Lew

lewpopp
01-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Right in the middle of preparing our Sunday dinner the microwave/convection oven kept shutting down.

Rather than trying to run down the problem, I think the time has come to replace it. It was made in 1989, so do you agree?

I have looked up the combo oven on line and would like some of you guys to have some input for I would be remiss if I didn't ask the masterminds.

I presently have a Sharp Carousel Microwave/Convection and the bride uses it a lot. The measurements have been standard ever since the original one was put in. I located a GE at Home Depot for about $329. Do you foresee me having any problems with putting that in place of the sharp? Will the vent hook up the same? Would it hang the same way the original does? I could pay a lot more and am not afraid to if necessary. I have looked at the more expensive ones and there is very little difference in them. The wattages are more than the original. The original is 650 watt and the GE is 850.

Just a little help would be nice. Must act on it soon. Thanks

Lew

lewpopp
01-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Gary and Peggy Stevens, good morning

I reread your post about visiting ORA at Port St Lucie and it seems you were somewhere else. You stated that there were about 30 Prevosts and about 30 other coaches in the resort. At that time there were approximately 30 Prevosts and 170 other coaches. Did you really visit here?

Lew

MangoMike
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Lew,

The easiest way may be to pull the old one out, notice the mounting points, do some accurate measurements and head on down to Home Depot and compare with their units. Fewer surprises that way when you bring the new one home. You sure you don't have one hidden in the ACE bay?

While the units out have the bride fire up the camp stove for dinner ;)

Mike

Ray Davis
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
So, it looks like these invisible chamois people have been attending various RV shows, Hot Rot shows etc. I wonder if they'd like to come to a POG rally, and demonstrate their wares?

Anyone have a thought?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Gary

You are on this forum and stopped at ORA Port St. Lucie and didn't look me up.

Hope you had a good time wandering around. I would have been happy to show you around and introduce you to most all of the owners. We could havbe done lunch or something. Your loss.

Lew

Sorry Lew, I didn't know you cared ! ? :(
(Are you actually in the ORA in St. Lucie or near the park? ) We tried to barge in on the NY's eve party, but they new were in a plastic coach???:( and wouldn't let us in.

Honestly, we missed out on meeting a couple of great people, cause we are so new at this thing. We tried to hook up with Joe and his wife in the Keys, but missed them by a day, and we were asked to stop by Ft Lauderdale, but it was actually the start of the Holiday New Year season, and just didn't think we should barge in.

We are already trying to make plans to meet everyone at POGIII and get more aquainted. Peg and I had lunch with Jerry W. and his lovely wife Rae before we headed to Florida, so we had that going for us.:rolleyes:

Joe Cannarozzi
01-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Yo Lew,

We will definatly be stopping to see you and your wife towards the end of the month. If you run into somthing you need help with regarding that microwave I'd be happy to give you a hand:)

lewpopp
01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Gary,

Yes, I am actually at ORA St Lucie. They are soon going to rename it Port St Lewie.

Don't understand about you trying to get into the NY's eve party but they were in a plastic coach. We were at the big party at the clubhouse and there were a few private parties around the park. Damn sorry I missed you.

Hope to meet up with Ben tomorrow if his "crate" makes it to Liberty.

Lew

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Gary and Peggy Stevens, good morning

I reread your post about visiting ORA at Port St Lucie and it seems you were somewhere else. You stated that there were about 30 Prevosts and about 30 other coaches in the resort. At that time there were approximately 30 Prevosts and 170 other coaches. Did you really visit here?

Lew

YES lew we were really there. My numbers of the coaches, may have lacked authenticity, but there were a bunch.

They put us on the back row, next to the new development they are doing. We had an 05 black / Red graphics H3 on the end of our row. Oh, we also backed up to the # 2 Tee Box. I was flying my Texas and American Flags proudly, did you see me???:confused:

Peg and I rode our bikes all over the park, and walked our schnauzer lots too.

We are going to the Tampa RV Show and be there just for the weekend, 19,20,21 so call me if you want to hook up over cocktails or something?

lewpopp
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Mango, here I go. I'll let you know what happens.

Lew

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes, I am actually at ORA St Lucie. They are soon going to rename it Port St Lewie.

Don't understand about you trying to get into the NY's eve party but they were in a plastic coach. We were at the big party at the clubhouse and there were a few private parties around the park. Damn sorry I missed you.

Hope to meet up with Ben tomorrow if his "crate" makes it to Liberty.

Lew[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean THE PARTY was in a plastic coach, I meant we were in a plastic coach. I misspelled " NEW " in the sentence, it should have been "KNEW' we were in a plastic coach.:)

lewpopp
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I was sucessful in finding some decent handles to replace the wooden ones I have inside to pull yourself into the coach. I have 2 in my hands right now. I did not get the the lit ones but I'm sure I could add the light to the ones I received.

I will install one on the entry door and the other on the front right wall of the entry stairs.

I got them from ITC Corporation, www.itc-rv.com

Lew