PDA

View Full Version : MotorHome Magazine ,Feb. 07

garyde
01-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I just finished reading a good article regarding the newUltra Low Sulfer Fuel (USFD, or S15)."ULSD can not contain more than 15 PPM of Sulfer, one of the soot producing agents in diesel fuel." As people may or may not know, this fuel was being introduced to all markets on or about October 2006. It,s likely everyone who has driven since then has that fuel in their Coaches. The Article goes on to sa there is very little if anychange in performance (1%- 2% loss in fuel economy. Existing Diesel Engines should have no problems with the new fuel (a small fraction of existing engines will have leaks in fuel delivery systems) and the new engines will not be required until the Chasis of 2008 are produced. The ULSD has been designed to be "backward Compatible" meaning all engines going back from 2007(now) should be able to use the fuel without any noticable problems.
It is a good article, and speaks about Engine changes going forward as well as exhaust systems.
There is also a Dingy Towing booklet inside the magazine addressing tow packages< wiring <vehicles and more

JamesJ
01-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I think that also there will be a loss in lube and you may need to add some additive.

I am in the process of researching this now.

Motor Oil is being hit by this same thing. Some say that Diesel oil is not being changed but others say it is. The guys at Royal Purple say that they are not going to remove it from there oil.