PDA

View Full Version : M&G Brake Systems

rickdesilva
11-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I just got an M&G brake system for my Tahoe. It appears that the installation for the Tahoe master cylinder is straightforward. My question is regarding the tie in for the air on the coach. What is your experience and what is the best place to tie in the air connect for the Toad.

Gil_J
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Rick, I can't speak to M&G, but Air Force 1 requires two air connections to the coach's air system. One is a constant pressure connection and the other to the brake activation air line. On an XL Prevost has a connection point inside the tool box bay, the one behind the tag on the passenger side. I mounted the AF1 ping tank and brake control chamber in the engine bay, passenger side.

See if you don't have the same Prevost provided connection point

coreygrubb
11-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Rick, We also use a M&G system on a Dodge Dakota and it requires only one air line. There should be an air connection point either behind the tag or in the area of your bumper or hitch. If it's not already extended all the way back, extend it and terminate with a female coupler.

Joe Camper
11-24-2013, 08:30 PM
If u only have 1 line required it will be " SERVICE" air and u could get it off a tag emergency brake chamber. There is 2 lines going to it 1 is emergency air it will have constant pressure on it when u release the parking brakes. The other line is service air it will only give u air after u release the parking brake and then only when u step on the brake and this is the one u want. Note u will get no service air to the tag chamber if the tag is up, only when down. The ports on the chambers for old rockwell style brakes r marked not sure about knore bremse that is what u have. Also pre 95 or so does not have emergency brakes on the tag and will only be 1 line to those smaller service brake chambers and for folks with older chassis that's the ticket. Be sure the air line coupler is put ON THE BUS not on the line coming from the toad. If u do it backwards when u unhook and step on the brakes it will push air out and brakes for the bus will work poorly at best creating a very dangerous situation. Safest way for someone unfarmilure would be to pull a tag tire and rim block out the wheels good.

Gil_J
11-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Corey/George, AF1 only has 1 line between the coach and TOAD. The 2 lines I referenced are for the components in the coach. I assume M&G would have a similar on coach setup.