PDA

View Full Version : TracNet 100

Stelan73
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I was at Liberty in Stuart today and Troy the service manager asked me if I'd heard of TracNet100 in lieu of a dish installation. The cost is around $2,500 with a monthly fee of $49/month, if a Verizon customer. You get 2 way access to MSN TV, integrated WIFI with upload/dl sp400-700 kbps and capable of reaching up to 2 Mbps. The system works off of exisiting cell towers so you have to live with that. Has anyone tried this or heard anything good or bad?

Thanks.

Ray Davis
01-05-2007, 08:44 PM
This is one of the 3 internet type of options available to you. Many people are using Verizon cards in a laptop, which is essentially the same service you're getting here. The difference is you're paying (perhaps heftily) for a receiver box which has WIFI capabilities. You do get a 3W booster with it, but in marginal areas, your internet is going to be marginal.

You might connect with Ben, and see how happy he is with his Verizon card service. For some it it ABSOLUTELY fine, and it's probably the cheapest way to get internet on the road, short of just pullling in to remote locations and using wireless in the area (whether paid or free)

We have thought of putting on a Mechanics corner at POG3 about internet capabilities in an RV. I've already got a committment from Motosat to send a person to help with a presentation, if this sounds reasonable.

I have a Motosat system on my coach, and the beauty of the satellite system is that all you need is a view of the southern sky, and youv'e got internet, and generally twice as fast as EVDO (and faster with large dish service like mine).

Ray