PDA

View Full Version : Jscksonville Gate Code ASAP

Ben
01-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I just decided that I'm going to park at Prevost Jacksonville tonight, but realized that I don't know the gate code. If anyone knows the code, please send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

Jon Wehrenberg
01-05-2007, 08:32 PM
They used to keep a key to the gate lock in the white mailbox to the left of the first gate.

I sent an email,

Ben
01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I forgot they were on the key system... most other locations seem to use codes. I haven't been here since POG I timeframe.

I had no problem getting in and they had one spot left with electrical. It's pretty packed here. I'm just going to stay the night, get some parts and then head out in the morning.

Thanks for everyone's personal messages.

-Ben

lewpopp
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
It's time I started looking for a new kitchen faucett. I would guess that any standard Moen or other brand single holed unit would work. Guess I should look for one at a high level kitchen remodeler. Boy, have they gone up since I last installed one.:mad:

Anyone have any super ideas? Used to buy them wholesale.:D

Lew

rmboies
01-07-2007, 08:54 AM
It's time I started looking for a new kitchen faucett. I would guess that any standard Moen or other brand single holed unit would work.
Anyone have any super ideas? Used to buy them wholesale.:D
Lew

Lew, I would go to a local plumbing supply house to purchase one. Ask them to see last years close outs. Something else to consider is though the brand name is often the same as the ones at Lowes, Home Depot, etc., the working parts are not. The plumbing supply/contractor grades are a much high quality. I discovered this while building our last house. The manufacturers make different grades depending upon who sells them. I would also check out the faucets that have a built in sprayer on the faucet end. Those are really the way to go IMO.

Just Plain Jeff
01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Lew:

We being Po' Folk, went to Home Depot and found a direct replacement for the faucet, $117. It's a shame that a guy can't get parts for these and fix 'em up rather than a total replacement job.

It's a stinker to get up underneath the back of the sink. I don't remember if your sink is at an angle or parallel to the side of the coach. In any case, save up your bad words for the afternoon you do the job.

If you are lucky, your existing feed lines will reach the new faucet.

Good luck!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Speaking of Kitchen Sinks, can someone explain why they don't put Garbage Disposal units on buss'? :confused:

Inquiring minds would like to Know. :cool:

Gary S

dreadnought
01-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Gary, We don't have a disposal but my Liberty came with a compacter. Now if we could only find someplace to buy the bags... :eek:

lewpopp
01-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey Deb or Bob for the heads up on the faucett.

I realy don't think the installation wll be a problem, just my rusty ass isn't as agile as it used to be.

Gary...You're the one that didn't look me up at ORA...Shame on you. I cannot imagine keeping garbage for more that a day or so at a time. I removed my compactor and put a heavy duty slide in and it will hold 3 cases of spring water. Garbage goes out every day. I had a compactor installed in my new home in 1972 , so that's how old they are. As for bags, good luck.

Isn't that a coincidence that the people to talked to were also a Gary and Linda. (Oradat )

merle&louise
01-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Speaking of Kitchen Sinks, can someone explain why they don't put Garbage Disposal units on buss'? :confused:

Inquiring minds would like to Know. :cool:

Gary S

Gary,

My coach has a disposal. As far as I know it is no big deal, they can be installed on any coach. We don't use it much though. Come to think of it I had one on my '93 as well.

garyde
01-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I would think it may be a problem with the sediment and organic residue lying at the bottom of your Grey tank . It might be harder to clean out. Gary

Ben
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Gary S

Gary, most RVs (plastic and otherwise) have both a gray and black water tank. The sinks and showers are plumbed into the gray tank and that tank is supposed to contain just water, soap and nothing 'solid'. When you drain that tank, it comes out of a small pipe (since there shouldn't be anything solid in it) while the black water comes out of a huge one (since it contains chucks of solid stuff which could clog a smaller pipe).

On a Liberty, you have a single waste water tank that holds both the black and the gray water and it all drains through a large pipe. If the plumbing between the sink and tank is of sufficient size, then it shouldn't be a problem to use a garbage disposal in one of these single tank systems.

You might be able to get away with using it on a dual tank coach, but I see fewer potential problems with a single tank setup.

garyde
01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Ben, your right. I would say most folks just do not see a need for GD's. Boy, talk about thread creep. Lew, your the culprit.

garyde
01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I just decided that I'm going to park at Prevost Jacksonville tonight, but realized that I don't know the gate code. If anyone knows the code, please send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

It might be nice to have a Library of all of these favorite stops at Prevost, where we know the codes. i have already forgotten the code for Mira Loma.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm certain a call in advance to the service center will be all that is necessary for you to find out what you need to know to get in.

lewpopp
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I unplugged today for the first time in 3 months and noticed that my coffee maker had no power to it. Both of my inverters showed that they were on and supposively putting the normal power out. I looked for a gfc that was popped but found nothing. I have deep fears that I will be needing new house batteries. Would this be the reason for the eratic thing that is happening. I have no other symptoms that make me believe that the batteries are bad. I'm just not in that good of shape to replace them at this time.

Fortunately I am at a rally and have electric. Also my water pump acts strangely when I run water. I seems to have a lot of pulsation when putting out water. I have dual pumps. Could it be that my accumulator has hit the wall at the same time?

Also, when inquiring about another microwave, someone told me that the new ones are only to be used with sine wave power systems. Am I in deep do-do? I'm having a little trouble finding one cuz the stores have to order them. I haven't tried Best Buy. I never noticed them in BB because all I noticed when I went in the new one at home was the whole place was moving with big TVs. I've tried Home Depot, Sears, and Lowes.

Lew

jello_jeep
01-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I unplugged today for the first time in 3 months and noticed that my coffee maker had no power to it. Both of my inverters showed that they were on and supposively putting the normal power out. I looked for a gfc that was popped but found nothing. I have deep fears that I will be needing new house batteries. Would this be the reason for the eratic thing that is happening. I have no other symptoms that make me believe that the batteries are bad. I'm just not in that good of shape to replace them at this time.
Lew

Lew I am thinking you have Trace inverters? If your Marathon is like mine, the power all goes through the inverters and it decides on how much to share based on how much shore apmerage you tell the inverters is coming in.

It wasn't completely clear in the post, if the coffee pot works when you are plugged in.

If they are Traces, and wired the same as mine, and the recepticle is hot when plugged in to shore power, and cold when shore power is disconnected then you don't have a breaker problem, and you don't have a GFI problem. If the inverter indicates it is inverting and all the voltages look normal on the main controller, I would think you have an inverter problem.

The only way to really check the batteries, is under load with a tester.

If the voltage was off far enough in the battery bank that the inverter was shutting down (low battery cutoff) you would have an error indication on the inverter readout.

Just my .02 :confused:

jello_jeep
01-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Lew

Lew I am thinking you have Trace inverters? If your Marathon is like mine, the power all goes through the inverters and it decides on how much to share based on how much shore apmerage you tell the inverters is coming in.

It wasn't completely clear in the post, if the coffee pot works when you are plugged in.

If they are Traces, and wired the same as mine, and the recepticle is hot when plugged in to shore power, and cold when shore power is disconnected then you don't have a breaker problem, and you don't have a GFI problem. If the inverter indicates it is inverting and all the voltages look normal on the main controller, I would think you have an inverter problem.

The only way to really check the batteries, is under load with a tester.

However if the voltage was off far enough in the battery bank that the inverter was shutting down (low battery cutoff) you would have an error indication on the inverter readout.

Just my .02 :confused:

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Lew, I don't know about the sine-wave requirement, but one way to test without a lot of trouble is to buy an inexpensive counter top unit @ junkmart to just plug in and see if it works. If yes then you are buying time until you get the builtin one chosen and installed. If it doesn't take it back and its not too inconvenient. I have found it is best to buy appliances at an appliance store that caters to builders ( where they send you when you are building a new house) they seem to have the best service, inventory and product knowledge the same goes for the kitchen faucet you mentioned. I too recommend the spray feature it really helps to have the hi velocity water to make cleanup efficient. :) JIM

lewpopp
01-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the responses on the no power problems.

It was diagnosed this AM that the new coffee maker we bought will work on shore power and generator but not thru the inverters.

I have new Heart Interface Freedom inverters. I have a couple of in house electrical engineers back at Port St Lucie. I'll see if they can skin a cat. Otherwise I'l just be able to use the coffee maker when I have shore or generator. I wouldn't try to use the microwave with out either shore or generator.

Thanks again for your fine help.

Lewster

jello_jeep
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Lew, mine will run the micro from inverters, I am running the two 4k traces.. Not sure if your Hearts are 2.8 k or 4 k or something else.

My last trailer had a 3k inverter, micro no problem, but you had to run it a little longer when inverting than if you were on shore.. for what its worth..

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Lew, What kind of coffee pot doesn't work on an inverter? Save someone else from this predicament. I find it strange that there is such a beast. A coffee pot is is basically a calibrated short circuit. JIM :confused:

dalej
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Lew are you sure there is power at the receptical when you are on inverter power? Our coach, only certain ones work with inverter. All work on shore and Genarator. Check plugs for power.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Gary, We don't have a disposal but my Liberty came with a compacter. Now if we could only find someplace to buy the bags... :eek:

I buy our home Compactor Bags at SAMS Club. It is a Jenn Aire Model.

Their size is 18Gal, 2'1"x2'11" 2.5ML and they are white plactic, better than the paper kind. I looked but could not find them on the Sams Club webstite, but they always have them in stock.:)

Good Luck.

Gary

Jerry Winchester
01-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Jim / Jeff,

Any chance we can just get Lew his own thread? I have to think it would cut thread creep by some 90-95.5%.........

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Gary...You're the one that didn't look me up at ORA...Shame on you. I cannot imagine keeping garbage for more that a day or so at a time. I removed my compactor and put a heavy duty slide in and it will hold 3 cases of spring water. Garbage goes out every day. I had a compactor installed in my new home in 1972 , so that's how old they are. As for bags, good luck.

Isn't that a coincidence that the people to talked to were also a Gary and Linda. (Oradat )[/QUOTE]

Lew: We really are disappointed we didn't know you were in that park? :mad:

We would have bothered you for hours and hours talking bus and stuff. Maybe next time. Or if you are ever in the Houston, TX area you can look me up, it is just a small home town of about 4 million people? :eek: