PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Fire-up (NOT!) Troubleshooting Question Country Coach XL

NashXL
11-15-2013, 02:55 PM
11/15 2:30pm

Hi Gents,
Went to fire up the Webasto system (got down to 25 here) and NADA. I have a DBW2010 system in my 99 CC XL. There are 3 button/switch selections in the cockpit area that are 'Webasto Heat' 'Central Heat Control' and 'Interior Heat Exchangers'. There is one on the door/steps panel that says ' Dash Heat Exchanger' I am not getting a 'furnace option' on the thermostat, and the Webasto Heat switch does not go green/on. The others do.
I tried the full coach power disconnect, reprogrammed the thermostat (no error codes) but no 'Furnace' option. I pushed the two Webasto breaker buttons that are in the invertors area. I did not have time to crawl into bay 1 and check the board. My understanding is that this should be board 15 looking for all green lights and that there are also car type fuses there.
Any troubleshooting ideas will be welcomed and tried tomorrow when I go back to the garage (about 30 miles) before football! Thank you for any help.

Sincerely,

Doug
NashXL

JIM KELLER
11-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Doug, You need a Furnace Option on the thermostat to prompt the Wabasto to fire. The option is on Zone 1 & 3. Not Zone 2. The only other way to prompt the Wabasto to fire is to allow it to assist the Water Heaters. With the Central Heat Control and Interrior Heat Exchanger on, the Wabasto will fire if the Water Heaters are turned on. The Wabasto Preheat is an unknown switch. If you have no green lights on the function switches a good place to start would be the ECC.

NashXL
11-16-2013, 02:48 PM
11/15

Thank you Jim. I will look at your ideas and also see if it will fire for the water heaters. I'm thinking either the ECC or the new therm is not correct in the settings that was installed with the new DuoTherms in September; although they said they checked it and it fired up.

Joe Camper
11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
If u need a brain box I have a few food spares

NashXL
11-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Joe Camper, Thank you for the offer. Is the brain box what you call the ECC board? Sorry for being unknowledgeable about this.
Sincerely, Doug Nash XL.

dale farley
11-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Doug,

The ECC is that huge board in your first bay. Hopefully, you won't need that any time soon. I'm not sure where the brain for the system is located.

Gil_J
11-17-2013, 05:13 PM
If you have new rooftop units, they may not have been configured for furnace support. Go through each zone and make sure you can select furnance as an option on zone 1 and 3. If not, there is a dip switch on the rooftop units that needs to be set. It's easy, but requires you to get on the roof and remove the cover and then the electrical panel cover.

NashXL
11-18-2013, 08:34 AM
11/18

Gil,

Thank you. I was able to pull up more detailed instructions and schematic for the CCC2 digital thermostat. It states very clearly that "If a 'Furnace/Aqua system has been connected to this unit, the furnance dip switch must be placed in the on position. There are 10 dip switches and the Furnance dip is #8. According to my installer's settings this number dip is not on any of the 3 DuoTherms. Guess I'm doing some climbing!

Joe Camper
11-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd be suprised if a control needs to be reconfigured. IMO this is either opporater error or a failure someplace. The control brain for the webasto is mounted right to it. A aluminum box mounted to the black plastc fan housing its held on with a big clip bout the size of a box of crayons u could hold in your hand. All the busses I've been through had EITHER your controls OR a furnace mode on the roof air thermostats but NOT both. That is not to say there r not any like that u know how these campers r.

Gil_J
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Joe,

On Country Coach's the Webasto is setup to heat the interior through heat exchangers, the water bay, the domestic hot water, and engine preheating. To do so, CC uses the Webasto controller and triggers it through the multiple sources just mentioned. To make the system so versatile it also has 2 different water circulating pumps that must be controlled. So, in the case of CC at least, the Air Conditioner thermostat for zones 1 and 3 drives the Webasto controller.

Nash has to reconfigure the rooftop AC dip switches because the installer that installed his new rooftop units must not have checked the dip switches in the old units.

Joe Camper
11-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Got it was not aware of the new roof airs. In return not all country coaches front rear zones r controlled by the roof air thermostats. There r others that have separate thermostats for front and rear interior zones on the older conversions. There r others that also include a webasto programable remote u set the time on and can run on timed sequence when leaving for a weekend or something or to preheat prior to start up ect on some newer conversions. I just did work on a Vogue and they chose to eliminate everything accept going into furnace mode in zone 1 and 4. PERIOD Nice. A furnace that turns on with 1 switch. Imagine that. Good job Mr Vogue but it would be nice to have it more up on the dash its up your left armpit where it is now.

Gil_J
11-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Joe, the Webasto can't heat the domestic hot water and doesn't have basement heat off the Webasto in the Vogue? If so, how are they switched? As you know, that's why some coaches have multiple switches or controls for the Webasto. That's one of the pluses to an AquaHot over a Webasto. With an AquaHot, everything is in the box and easily controlled from the AC thermostat and AH control panel.

Joe Camper
11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
The engine loop is constant on along with the domestic water and the bay is signaled by a thermostat set about 40.