PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions (and help) needed for POG3

Ray Davis
01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi All,

At POG3 there is 6 timeslots scheduled for Mechanic's corner type activities. We've got a couple that are a certainty, and have a few ideas of our own. But, before locking anything in stone, it would be nice to learn two things:

1. What kind of sessions would you all like to see for these time slots?
2. AND even MORE important. Who would be willing to present?

Please feel free to post an answer to both questions here. If we get a reasonable list, but no volunteers, then I'll start pressing for help!

Thanks,

Ray Davis
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
PS: I've sent the web-code to Jim for this, but until we've got it on the POG site, if you need to know much longer till POG3, click here:

http://rememberthisphoto.com/countdown.html ("http://rememberthisphoto.com/countdown.html")

If you'd rather have a small pop-up window, click on
http://www.rememberthisphoto.com/countdownpopup.html ("http://www.rememberthisphoto.com/countdownpopup.html")

Make sure to enable popups for the second one!

garyde
01-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Ray. Hows about Batteries and Inverters.

Jeff Bayley
01-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I seond the batteries and inverters with emphasis on the inverters. I don't know how manyh others have the Trace digital remotes but there are about 20 menus in there and I know I'm not dialing my settings in as good as possible.

merle&louise
01-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Windshield replacement seminar.

Aluminum polishing seminar.

Fixing air leaks and changing air bags.

Pro Driver error codes.

Touring Mooney factory.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-05-2007, 07:38 AM
I posted on another site about an ultrasonic leak detector. I was trying to avoid work at POG III, but if it works as I suspect I think we can cover ALL leak detection and that includes AC, door seals, aux air systems, plus wheel bearings, fan belt condition, and arcing in circuit breakers and relays.

It will not wash your coach but it sounds like it will do everything else. I'm going to find out.

MangoMike
01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Cool Bus Tool Review, where participants bring a particular item to make bus life easier™. Doesn't have to specifically a Snap On tool, could be an unique book, map, electronic gizmo. etc.

Not enough for a full blown seminar, but maybe an addendum to one of the other excellent show and tells.

mm

Just Plain Jeff
01-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Betchya some local Snap-On Tool guy would be happy to see about 50 Prevost coaches with MangoBucks still left on their credit cards at a rally?

Might even give us a tour of his truck!

garyde
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
"Doesn't have to specifically a Snap On tool, could be an unique book, map, electronic gizmo. etc. "

At my Electrical Conventions, they have a meeting where everyone brings an idea or creative tool to help our buisness. I think Mike is on to something. Gary

jello_jeep
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Howz about a seminar on servicing a powertech gen set ?

Or changing oil / trans fluid on the DD60/Allison 6 spd tranny ?

Racor filters ?

Chassis lube ?

I would love to see all that in person! :D

Ben
01-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Here are some ideas:

*I like Manos suggestion of a Bus Cool Tools session... it should be something where each person attending can describe the gadgets they feel make their bus life more pleasant. I can think of a bunch of things that fit in that category.

*I'd also like a session on fixing the leans... I'm dealing with a really bad bout of them right now.

Also a session on batteries and charging systems.

We could do a session about Boondocking with a panel of full-timers who rarely pay to park anywhere.

*Could also do a session on lighting... LEDs, driving lights, changing dim dash lights, replacing interior rope lighting and the options, etc, etc.

Or a session on yearly maintance/up keep... like sealing up around marker lights to prevent leaking, what wax to use on the painted areas, how to get rid of or reduce tree scraps in your paint, anything that can be done to prevent crapco mirrors from peeling, how to fix bay door latches that don't operate properly from the dash switch, etc.

Storage and Efficiency: have people who all the little things they do to get the most out of the limited space in a coach.

The ideas I'm most interested in start with a *.